NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

First lesson

Go down 
+3
Patrick Wood
Indiana Lamperouge
Mary McNeely
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: First lesson   First lesson EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:14 am

The black haired Care of magical creatures professor was standing on the edge of the Forrest, a few some sort of winged horses around her. She was waiting for her students to come down there for their CoMC lessons. The horses were chestnut brown and were keeping the safety of the trees, they weren't used to being outside the Forrest.

Mary saw a few students coming down the path and she grinned while keeping an eye out on the animals.
"Hello! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Mary McNeely, welcome! All of you should know who I am by now, though. Anyway, can you all see these creatures? Can anybody tell me what they are? And if you're new, tell me your name before speaking, please." she said when most of the students were there.

(OOC: They're Aethonans, one sort of winged horses Smile )

Last edited by Mary McNeely on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

Indiana knew that the first lesson for Care of Magical Creatures was about to begin and had thus, sped his pace to head outside onto the grounds. He made a beeline where he noticed several winged horses along with the professor, Mary McNeely.

After hearing her give her speech, Indiana noted Professor McNeely's questions regarding the winged horses. He wasn't quite sure on what they were although given the details of their appearance, Indiana couldn't tell if they were the Aethonan or the Granian type. Unable to decide, the youth refrained as he wasn't completely sure.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 am

Patrick walked to class, quickly and trying to put his shoe back on his foot. It was times like these that he hated his kitten at times.

He finally got it back on and finished his walk to the lesson. He heard the professor ask if anyone could identify what the creatures were. Patrick stayed quiet mainly because he had no clue what the creatures were.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Caldwell
Admin
Gwen Caldwell

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 am

I smiled resting a hand on my swollen stomach. Four months along and Evan was surprised how fast our daughter was growing. I'd sent him a picture of me in profile, wizard photo of course. So the picture me always blew him kisses and smiled.
After sending it off i walked- eh..waddled to CoMC and smiled at the Proffessor, my fav proffessor.
Deciding I had nothing to loose I guessed "I'm Gwen DeArbour and are they Pegasi?" The only winged horses I knew apart from Thestrals.
Back to top Go down
https://hpnextgen.forumieren.com
Alliana Stone

Alliana Stone

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Alliana made her way down to one of her favorite classes, Care of Magical Creatures. When she realized people were already there she quickened her step, taking care to watch where she was stepping in the process. While she was sure her classmates might find her tumbling down the hill a bit amusing, she'd find it highly embarrassing.

She managed to get down the hill and she came to a stop beside Pat, slightly breathless. "Hey, you." She whispered, giving him a quick smile in greeting before she turned her attention to the Professor. She was introducing herself but Alli remembered her from the year before.

Her eyes glanced toward the creatures, and she nibbled on her lip in thought. She could have sworn she might have heard the name's around somewhere, but she couldn't be positive.. and so she opted to stay silent for the time being. That was, until someone answered from the side of her and her eyes widened slightly when she saw it was Gwen. She hadn't talked to the girl in forever! Giving her a quick smile in greeting, she glanced back toward the Professor to see if Gwen's answer was correct.
Back to top Go down
Blake Darling

Blake Darling

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Blake walked quickly to her next class. She was having a hard time remembering where things were, but she managed on her own, and barely made it to class on time. She spotted a few students, only well aware of one, and that was Gwen. But she felt like she would be clingy if she stood next to the girl, so when walking up, she kept distance.

As the teacher gave her speech, she looked at the chestnut coloured horses and folded her arms undeneath her breasts and surveyed them closely. They were not comfortable being out of the forest like they were, she noted. But she was aware of the species. It amazed her how much she knew. "I am not sure if I am new or not, but I am Blake Darling, and they are Aethonans," she mused as a matter of factly, kind of proud that she could answer things on her first day of school.
Back to top Go down
Pamala Wood

Pamala Wood

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Pam wondered why she decided to take Care of Magical Creatures this year, seeing as she was pregnant. With twins and in such an obvious manner. She was five months pregnant and she felt like she was a blimp. Merlin help her when it came time for month nine.

She remained silent when the professor asked if anyone knew what the winged horses were behind her, and so let Gwen and Blake answer instead.

She stood next to her brother and his girlfriend, mainly though so she wouldn't have to deal with any awkward questions.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 am

Mary smiled at Gwen and shook her head. "No, not Pegasi." Just as she was about to tell the correct sort of the horses, Blake spoke up and the witch turned to her and grinned. It was so good when her students knew something.
"Yes, Miss Darling, well done. They're a kind of winged horses, as you can see. Can you all see? If not, just move around so you'll be able to see them and well, hear me. If you'd like to have them at your home, you'd be required to put a Dissillusionment Charm on them, as you should with any other kind of these creatures. Can any of you tell me other kinds of winged horses?"

She looked around at all her students and saw Pamala was pregnant and while Mary was happy for her, she couldn't help herself. Dear Merlin, my student's pregnant and I don't even have a boyfriend! No, don't go there now. Smile. So she smiled and looked around some more.
"Oh and please, if you know more than one sort, just tell one and let someone else answer, too. Thanks!"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:38 am

Patrick noticed Pam stand next to him and put a hand on her shoulder as a greeting. He did the same with Alli; he didn't want to interrupt the professor or anything.

Raising his hand, he said "I'm Patrick Wood and would Thestrals count as a type of winged horse?"

Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 am

Mary looked at the student who she reckognized and smiled at him encouragingly. She really liked the fact she actually taught those kids something...or that they knew a little something about animals on their own.

"Yes, they do, well done. Thestrals are very special, indeed. For those of you who don't know, Thestrals can only be seen by people who've seen death. Lovely creatures, otherwise. Any other Winged Horses you'd know of?" she smiled while still keeping an eye on the Aethonans.
Back to top Go down
Alliana Stone

Alliana Stone

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

Alliana stood quietly as the girl who introduced herself as Blake properly identified the winged equines, and she took another glance at them so that she could remember. Listening to the information behind the Aethonans, she then turned her attention toward Pat when he answered the Professor's question. After a couple of moment's debate, she urged her hand upward into the air as well before speaking.

"I'm Alliana Stone," She began, although she figured Professor McNeely would remember. "How about a Granian?" She remembered reading about them somewhere, and was fairly certain that she might be right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: First lesson   First lesson Empty

Back to top Go down

First lesson
Page 1 of 1