NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Interrupted by Revelations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evelyn Carter
Admin
Evelyn Carter

Interrupted by Revelations Empty
PostSubject: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:20 am

Evelyn still couldn't decide whether to be mad or relived. That her father had felt the need to keep something so important from her. She hated him already, that would never change, but this was different. He had kept her entire life from her. The only comfort that she managed to feel was that at least Liam had been at least her half brother. Looking at the file that she had taken from her father's study, she almost had it memorized.

All she had to do now was figure out how to approach the young woman in the picture. She'd seen her around, and she wanted to ask her questions. She was her cousin after all. Her only living blood relative other than her father. Who she hated. So really all she had was this girl who she'd only seen from a distance. But now she would have to talk to her. Snapping the folder closed and pulling it close to her, Evelyn looked up as the door opened and she stared at the person a little surprised.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Caldwell
Admin
Gwen Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am

I was so close to my due date, i felt like every step could trigger it.
Of course, that isnt possible. But still. Any day now.
Jesus.

I needed to find a replacement. Someone whom I could pass off as a relative. I didnt want to hide all my life.
I couldnt.

Though preggo I needed to keep up with studies, I had my NEWTS soon. Important milestone in my life. I smiled down at my engagement ring. Did life get any better? Bugger goblin revolutions for raining on my hormonal parade.

When i opened the door I met a girls eyes, Id seen her around before, but as I was a Slytherin, not much.

"Sorry, didnt mean to startle you." I nodded, resting a hand on my stomach, my ring glittering in the few rays of sunlight.
Back to top Go down
https://hpnextgen.forumieren.com
Evelyn Carter
Admin
Evelyn Carter

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 pm

There was two ways to look at the situation, Evelyn decided. Fate or dumb luck. It was as though the folder became heavy in her hands and she clutched it even tighter. Eyeing the heavily pregnant young woman, the Gryffindor decided that one thing they shared was their dark curly hair. It comforted her a tiny bit to make notes on such things. Her voice came out lower than she had intended when she mutter, "Who are you?"

Realizing that there was no reason to say that she would answer with any more than what she would tell the next person, she added, "Don't lie to me. I know who you are. I need to hear you say it." Evelyn still didn't fully understand what the information on her birth mother meant, but this was her only chance to find out. It meant too much to her now, with the girl looking at her being her one remaining relative who she would ever give the time of day. Oh, how she hated her father.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Caldwell
Admin
Gwen Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm

"Huh, Im Gwen". I answered turning for a bookshelf when her second mutter sounded. I didn't freeze, I simply turned around slowly.
With a frown that slowly turned into a smile.
"Don't. You. Dare. Threaten. Me. You have no idea what you're talkng about." I smiled overly sweetly and crossed my arms. One hand resting on my hidden dagger, thr other on my open wand.

"Im Gwen. Soon to be Caldwell. And who are you?" I was curious if this was a prank or if she really knee something.
She couldn't...and if she did..it was pretty thick to talk to me like that. Head of my Clan, powerful assasin...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Carter
Admin
Evelyn Carter

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 am

At Gwen's change of posture, something that she would have missed if she wasn't watching her so closely, Evelyn no longer doubted that she was right. She had read the folder enough times to know that Gwen was dangerous. She knew that she had taken the wrong route, but she kept both of her hands visible where they were wrapped around the edges of the file. "It wasn't a threat," her voice broke a tiny bit on the last word, and she slowly stood.

"I.." Not looking away from the Slytherin, she took a breath and continued while trying to keep the tears from her voice, "I don't know who I am, Gwen. I was kinda of.. hoping you'd tell me." Eyeing the girl, Evelyn waited for a reaction. Anything to tell her if she was going to be further informed or not. Letting out her breath, she placed the folder on the table and slid it toward Gwen. Squaring her shoulders, she slipped an emotionless expression onto her face and said, "I may not know what I'm talking about, but I know that you do."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Caldwell
Admin
Gwen Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 am

I took the folder immedietly, recognizing my crest upon it.
"where did you get this?" my voice was cold. It wasnt that I hated the girl, I hated that I didnt know what she wanted and it was a danger to my baby.
I opened it and gasped.
My mother had had a sister...Which meant..." I nearly dropped the folder.
"Evelyn...Cooper..."I tried out the name and then it hit me. She was a Cooper. She was one of us. She was my savior.
Perhaps.
She did seem brave enough. Taking me on like that.
"Well...Lets see then...This changes everything. Allow me, I'm Lady Vere, aka Gwenevere Cooper. Head of the Cooper Huntress Clan, one of the oldest, most powerful Huntress Clans in the world." I took a deep breath. "You are Evelyn Cooper, my cousin and next in line for Head of my clan until my daughter is born. You and I are the only living Coopers left. Everone else was killed."
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Carter
Admin
Evelyn Carter

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:08 am

After her brother's death, that folder had become Evelyn's life. She read it in her spare time. She had memorized every last detail. But still it was a shock to her as the words left Gwen's mouth. "My father's desk draw. Sneaking is not one of my finest qualities, but I'm good at it," The girl explained with a shrug, her hair falling into her face, and she ignored it. "Evelyn Cooper.. that's me?"

Raising an eyebrow, she nodded once and said, "As I previously stated, I know who you are. I just.. want to understand. Why didn't I get told of any of this before?" ..Before my father had the chance to destroy the only thing that meant anything to me. Taking a breath, she decided to give Gwen the benefit of the doubt. She already knew that she shouldn't push the woman too far, being both older and stronger than her. That didn't mean she was going to kneel at her feet either.

"What happened to her..." She didn't say who she meant, but she guessed that Gwen would already know that anyway. Her mother was one thing that she wanted to know about. Saskia had been a mother to her, but she'd let her father do as he'd done. She'd also lied to her her entire life. Evelyn had nothing to lose, so she said quietly but firmly, not wanting to give away that she was a little afraid of being rejected by her cousin, "You're the only family I have left?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interrupted by Revelations   Interrupted by Revelations Empty

Back to top Go down

Interrupted by Revelations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Fourth Floor :: Study Room-
Jump to: