NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

It's Good To See You Again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

It's Good To See You Again Empty
PostSubject: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am

It felt so weird to be back, wandering the hallways of the school I'd left behind no more then six months before. What had brought me back I would never be sure of, but maybe it was because I knew in my heart that I belonged in Hogwarts, and not finishing off my years somewhere else. And I'd certainly missed some of my friends.. like Patrick. My best friend, who I hadn't even much of a chance to say goodbye to before I'd left. I felt horrible for that and I'd missed him so much, but now I was back and I wanted to make it up to him. We'd had such good times together and he'd made a huge impact on my times at Hogwarts..

That was why I'd anonymously sent him an owl and told him that someone had a surprise for him. I'd told him to meet whomever it was in the Study Room, where I knew no one would probably never go. It didn't look to be too used to me.. so he'd never suspect a thing! Maybe it was a bit wrong of me to surprise him, but I wasn't sure what else to do. What if he'd known it was me and wouldn't come because he was upset I hadn't been able to give him a proper goodbye? I didn't think that would be the case, but then again I could never be too sure. Besides, I liked to make things a bit more fun. Such as surprises. Maybe he didn't like surprises. Who knew, I was sure I was going to find out.

Seated at one of the desks I kept a watch on the door, excited yet slightly nervous at the same time. I'd only been six months... but that was a really long time to go without seeing someone! I wondered how much he'd changed (if at all), what was happening in his life. He was going to be graduating so soon! He'd be here soon enough.. until then, I needed to calm down. Yeah, good idea.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 am

Pat went to the Study Room, wondering who had sent him the owl and what the surprise was. He hoped it was a good surprise; after what happened with Alli. he didn't think he could take anymore bad news. Two-Bit meowed from his spot around his ankles--the only constant thing in his life.

Rubbing his tired eyes and running a hand through his hair so it at least looked like it was full of life, he opened the door and blinked in shock when he saw Emmy at one of the desks. Two-Bit had no qualms and ran straight to the girl.

"Emmy?" he gasped in shock but shook his head and gave her a big grin. "How--what--you're back?!"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Even as I tried to prepare myself for the door opening, I still felt my heart leaping in my chest when it creaked open. I sucked in a sharp breath when I saw his face and braced myself for the worst.. but then I saw the big grin as he gasped my name. The shock was evident on his face and I couldn't help but exhale in relief and give him a huge grin in response as I nodded. "Yup.. it's me!" I said a bit breathlessly, laughing as the familiar kitten came running up to me.

I bent down, still laughing, my blonde curls falling down around my face as I scratched Two-Bit on top of his small head. "Hey bud!" I said happily, petting him some more before I straightened to face Pat. "Yeah, I'm back." I said almost shyly, before standing up and taking a couple of steps toward him.

I bit my my lip before opening up my arms for a hug. I was unsure if he'd actually give me one but I'd really missed him.. the feeling was overwhelming now that I was actually seeing him. "Couldn't seem to stay away." I joked, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Was this a dream? Was his best friend and trouble maker in crime really back? Apparently, and it made him happier than he'd been in days.

Grinning ear to ear, Pat hugged her as she opened her arms for a hug. He might have lifted her off the ground, he wasn't sure. All he knew was that he was ecstatic to see her.

"How have you been?" he asked. "Where have you been? What have you been up too?"

Calming down a little, he smirked when she said that she couldn't stay away. "Why would you want to?"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I laughed again when he hugged me, and I could feel how happy he was through the embrace. It made me ecstatic, and extremely relieved. It was nice to know he wasn't mad at me and that the feeling of being missed was mutual. I smiled even more as my arms wrapped around him, hugging him just as tightly as he was hugging me. I was even pretty certain my feet came off the ground for a moment but I didn't mind. I was overjoyed with what was happening.

Back on the ground I took a small breath, then dropped my arms and took a step back although I couldn't stop smiling. "I've been pretty good!" I replied, thoroughly amused with all his questions but not minding them in the least. "I've been in Edinburgh.. just exploring.. but now I'm back! Lucky they took me I suppose." I said sheepishly with a small shrug of my shoulders.

I grabbed his hand without thinking and dragged him toward the table with me. "Sit! We've got so much to talk about!" I said excitedly, pulling my seat around so that I was closer to him, my green eyes wide with excitement. "How have you been? How's life? What have you been up to?" I laughed as I returned all the questions. "And I have no idea why I would want to. Couldn't stay away from you." I teased with a wink. He was my best friend, after all.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Pat chuckled as Emmy said what she'd been up to. "Sounds like fun," he said as he sat down. Two-Bit hopped into his lap.

"I've been decent," he said with a shrug. That was a lie obviously but he didn't want to burden Emmy with the news of his breakup with Alli. "I haven't really been up to much. Pam on the other hand is getting close to her due date."

"I'm glad," he teased back, chuckling at his best friend.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:32 pm

My shoulders rose and fell in a small shrug when he said that it sounded like I was having fun. "I suppose, yeah. New things are always fun." I said almost dismissively, my hand rising and waving back and forth in the air to justify my point.

I studied him for a moment when he said he'd been decent, but was slightly confused when he didn't really elaborate. I thought that he would have, but didn't really think too much into it. "Oh? Just decent?" I pressed curiously. I nodded slightly when he said he hadn't been up to much, before blinking. Had I really been gone for that long? "What? Pam's having a child? I didn't know that!" I exclaimed. I looked extremely surprised I knew, but I really didn't recall him telling me that before I'd left.

I smiled softly when he said he was glad I couldn't stay away. "I'm glad you're glad then." I said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Pa smirked as Emmy moved her hand in an almost bored manner as she was talking about her trip to Edinburgh. He avoided the question she asked about him just being decent, but knew that anyone with eyes could see it wasn't true.

"Yeah," he nodded when she asked if Pam was having a child. "I told you when we went to the Screaking Shack to find Two-Bit. Remember when my foot got caught twice in the boards?"

He was sure that he had told her. He had told all his friends, along with Alli. At the thought of his ex, a flash of remorse entered his heart and he hoped it hadn't gone across his face.

"How could I not be glad?" he asked. "My best friend is here to stay!"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:44 am

I was well aware that Pat had avoided my question when I'd further tried to press into him being 'just decent', but I let it go for now. Although I probably wouldn't go for long, my gut was telling me that something was up with my best friend and he was hiding it from me. I wouldn't be having that, even if he wanted to keep it to himself. Though I didn't wish to invade his privacy after all, but still..

A look of pure concentration flashed across my face as he informed me that he had in fact told me, and I felt helpless at not remembering. My expression was immediately a mixture of guilt and apology as I bit my lower lip, my green eyes ashamed at not having remembered such important information. "Oh.. shoot, I'm sorry Pat. I don't know how that even slipped my mind.." I frowned, instantly feeling terrible. "I'm a horrible friend." What a way to make a good first-impression again now that I was back. Forgetting about his sister being pregnant.

"How is she doing? How are her babies? Excited to be an uncle?!" I tried my best to make up for it with the genuine questions. I smiled briefly and rolled my eyes playfully at his words. "This is true. I'm here to stay, it's only natural that you be insanely happy." I grinned before beginning to drum my fingertips on the table top. What else could I ask him about..

"Oh! How are you and your girlfriend?" I was completely unaware of the battlefield I'd just stepped out into, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Patrick gave Emmy a small smile as she apologized for forgetting that he had already told her. He could never really be mad at her, even for forgetting something important like Pam having twins.

"Emmy," he said, "it's fine. You've been gone for seven months. Of course you're going to forget something, and never say that you're a horrible friend. You're the best friend I've ever had."

"She's counting down the days that she can get back on a broom," he said with a smirk. "Her children are fine. One boy and one girl--and I couldn't be more excited to finally meet them."

He was finally forgetting about Alli and his reaction to her confession, until Emmy asked about how he and Alli were. A small scowl creased his features and he knew the next few words were going to be short.

"What girlfriend?" he asked. He took a deep breath and tried to smile. "Alli and I broke up, Emmy."

Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:47 am

My lower lip was soon sticking out as I pouted while he tried to assure me that it was fine. It didn't feel very fine to me, but what more could I say? I had already apologized, and doing it even more would just be irritating and so I exhaled slowly, a weak smile appearing on my lips. "I still shouldn't have forgotten something that important." I stated seriously with a small nod of my head. Then I was slowly smiling again. "Thanks, Pat. Means a lot." And it really did mean a lot to me to hear something like that. I wasn't going to talk about it any more, but I still didn't think it was okay for me to forget that.

I smirked back when he said she was counting down the days. I obviously couldn't vouch for how it must have felt being pregnant, but after not being on a broom for nine months I could understand why she'd want to get back on. My grin brightened when he informed me of the genders. "Oh! That's great. I'm happy to hear that." I said sincerely. Pat was going to make a good uncle, I could tell.

The second I'd asked about the girlfriend though, I knew I shouldn't have almost immediately. I couldn't take the words and stuff them back in my mouth though, as much as I wished I could. Glancing down at the table a bit my lip. "Oh... ouch." I began, reaching up to run a hand through my hair. "Shit, I'm sorry Pat. I'm just terrible at subjects to talk about today, aren't I?" I shook my head. I wanted to ask how it had happened but I didn't want to continue to talk about something that obviously made him unhappy. "Are you alright? Need to talk about anything?" And if not, I would drop it completely. I had to make sure first though.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Pat shot Emmy a look as she pouted. It was fine; why couldn't she see that? He didn't mention in out loud though, deciding to keep the cheerful nature of the reunion.

"No prob," he said with a smile to her thanks. "After all, where would I be without my dear friend Whippersnapper?"

He chuckled as he remembered that trip to Little Whinging and all their adventures during it. He smiled as Emmy grinned about the genders. He frowned though as Emmy seemed a little uncomfortable. It wasn't her fault that he and Alli broke up.

"Just a little," he said with a shrug. "I honestly could be better. Guess that's what happens after you break up with your girlfriend of one and a half years."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Good To See You Again   It's Good To See You Again Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Good To See You Again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Fourth Floor :: Study Room-
Jump to: