NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Getting to know you

Go down 
+3
Mary McNeely
Cataline Albion
Cassandra Thorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

Getting to know you Empty
PostSubject: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 am

I had to admit, I was more than a little nervous. Sure, the elves had prepared a lovely spread of sandwiches, wine, cocktails and juices, not to mention my beloved water.
Soft music was playing in the background, soothing my nerves. My blonde curls were now simple waves falling loosely around my shoulders. I couldnt wait to meet everyone, though I was nervous. i was just barely twenty. What if they didnt take me seriously? What if they thought I was silly? What if they started a mutiny?
GET A GRIP THEY ARENT PIRATES, THEY'RE PROFESSORS! the little voice of reason screamed in my mind.
Now if thats not a sign of perfect sanity...
Okay, calm down Cass, calm down. They wont eat me. They wont eat me.
They wont-ohmymerlinthey'rehereImgonnadie!
A smile on my face I looked up and greeted the first of my new collegues.
"Hello, Cassandra Thorn, new headmistress." I smiled settling my left hand on my baby bump.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:48 am

Wearing a white dress-shirt-designed blouse with a gold trim and white dress slacks with knee-high boots, Cataline made her way through the castle for the staff room. Almost nine centuries and the interior of Hogwarts remained almost the same as she could remember. Having received an invitation from the new Headmistress, Cataline decided to attend just to see on who else would show up.

Entering the staff room, the first person she saw was the headmistress, who greeted her.

"Greetings, Headmistress. I'm Cataline Albion and I work in the library." Cataline replied with a slight bow of deference. "Congratulations on achieving the post. I hope you'll enjoy things here."
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Mary got the owl from their new Headmistress, inviting her to a gathering of all the staff getting to know eachother and she was actually rather curious about the new boss, so she decided she'll go. On the day of the party, she put on her casual dress and her black Converse and she was ready to go.

She was worried she might be late, so she ran from her office and stopped just in front of the staff room. She steadied her breath and enetered the room. Seeing only the new Headmistress and the librarian, she sighed with relief. She wasn't late.
"Hello! I'm Mary McNeely, CoMC professor. Nice to meet you!" she went to shake the headmistress' hand and then turned to the librarian, to whom she's never really spoken to. "Hi." and also extended her hand towards her.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Potter

Elizabeth Potter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Elizabeth walked from her office to the staff room. The collar of her dress shirt itched a little, but it was the cleanest thing she had in terms of dressy things. She also wore a skirt--for the first time since she graduated Hogwarts. Her red hair had been shoved into a pony-tail.

She walked quickly to the staff room, out of fear that she would be late but to her relief it was not to be. The only people there were the Headmistress, the librarian and Professor McNeely.

"Hello everyone," she said as she entered the room. "I hope I'm not late."
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Ryan had gotten an owl from Cass inviting him to a small cocktail party that she'd thought of, and he had to admit that it was quite a wonderful idea. It was a nice way to bring all of the staff together and for him to meet anyone he hadn't yet gotten to. He'd met most of the previous year's professors already, but he was still looking forward to the get together. He was always up for some socializing and it would be enjoyable, he figured. After taking a quick shower he pulled on a decent ensemble, adding some cologne into the mix. Running his fingers through his damp hair he took another glance around his house to double-check that he had everything he would need. He wasn't sure yet if his girlfriend would be attending the party or not, otherwise he would have waited and arrived with her. With a small shrug though, he headed toward the castle and toward the staff room, not wanting to be late. He wasn't nervous in the least, mostly because he liked being around people.

Letting himself into the room with an air of confidence as always, he noticed that only three others besides Cass were there. Fashionably late, he decided. Grinning to each of them, he strolled over to the little group, his hands in the pockets of his dress pants. "Hello, ladies." He mused, glancing toward each of their faces individually. Only Cass's and Mary's he remembered. "Nice to see you again, Cass. Mary." He smiled before looking to the two woman he'd yet to meet. "I'm Ryan Porter, Deputy Headmaster. Pleasure to meet you both." He nodded toward them before turning his attention to all of them at once. "How is everyone?"

- Ryan's Appearance -
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vega

Leighton Vega

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Leighton had gotten an owl from the new headmistress in regards to getting to know her and the fellow staff members better. She had to admit, she liked the idea. She was social more often than not, and she hadn't actually had the opportunity to meet the other staff members like she had wanted too. After a long shower, she sat on her bed, looking at her master closet. Leigh had too many clothes, she really had to go through them all, give some away. Blowing a lock of her hair out of the way, she puckered her lips. Semi-formal? The blonde hardly did semi-formal and decided against it. A nice dress was what she was interested in wearing.

Finally picking out a gown, long and pink, with a slit that went high up on her left thigh, she put it on, thankful that it still fit perfectly after so many years of not wearing it. Straightening her hair, part of it pinned back, and her eyes decorated with a faint pink, and her feet dressed with pink pumps, she pulled on a light coat, and made her way to the school. She wondered if she would see her boyfriend, but she figured why not. He was the deputy headmaster after all. There in no time, she walked to the staff room.

With her usual air of confidence, she strutted into the room to where the small group of people had seemed to gather. She recognized only two faces, Mary's and Ryan's. Walking up next to her boyfriend, she placed a kiss on his cheek before looking at everyone else. "Hello!" she mused cherrily, "Leighton Vega, Slytherin Head of House," she introduced with a mischievious grin. "Pleasure..." she started as she looked over the females she hadn't met before, hoping to inquire their names, her hand extended for a shake.
Back to top Go down
Sarith Kendrick

Sarith Kendrick

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:50 am

Sarith hadn't expected an owl from the new Headmistress but when he read the contents of the letter or invitation, he had to admit that it was a good idea. Even though he was still wearied from his trip to the Canary Islands, he decided to still attend and meet the faculty and anyone new that he hadn't met. After taking a long shower and freshening himself, Sarith dressed in a medium-sleeve dress shirt and black slacks along with dark gray dress shoes before heading out to the staff room.

Entering, Sarith noticed that Cataline and Mary were already present along with the Headmistress, the Deputy Headmaster, and the Heads of Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

"Salutations. I'm Sarith Kendrick, Head of Hufflepuff and History of Magic professor." Sarith introduced himself with a lop-sided grin before glancing at the company present.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:44 am

And all at once, all were there.
I shook Catalines hand and smiled "Thank you Ms.Albion, Ms, McNeely." I shook her hand too, incredibly glad to meet them.
"Not at all Miss...-?" I inquired to the next woman to enter with a smile.
Then Ryan came and I shot him a smile before nodding "I've been great and so has BabyGirlie" I patted my stomach fondly.
Then I shook the newest womans hand "Cassandra Thorn, Headmistress. Pleasure to meet you all slash see you again Ryan.By the way, you look stunning Ms.Vega." I threw in, I loved dresses, being social, dressing up..the whole shebang.
Absolutely adored it.
When the last male arrived I held back a grin to match his own, didnt want to seem unproffessional.
"Pleasure, Mr. Kendrick. Anyone care for a drink? Or a snack? The bar is open as is anything edible or drinkable" I chuckled, summoning a champagne flute full of water. Sparkling water for the occasion.
BabyGirlie came first after all.
"So, what do you teach, Ms.Vega?" I asked curiously, to start conversation. Social things had always been my taste of affairs. I loathed feeling awkward, so I tried to avoid it as much as I could.
Though almost everyone here had atleast three years on me.
Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

Cataline shook Cassandra's hand before watching the Headmistress move on to greet the other faculty that were arriving.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. McNeely." Cataline greeted as she shook hands with Mary just as more people came in.

"So far so good." Cataline answered in response to Ryan's question on how everyone was. Shortly after Leighton's arrival, Cataline saw the door open and smirked when she saw Sarith appear.

"About time you showed up, Sarith!" Cataline called out before heading over to the table and took a cup of white wine.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Potter

Elizabeth Potter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Elizabeth smiled a little at the Headmistress.

"Potter. Elizabeth Potter," she introduced herself. Maybe she needed to socialize more with the staff. She watched as more people began to mill in, and gave each of them a smile. It seemed that they all knew each other, or of each other.

She grabbed a drink of pumpkin juice. While she would have preferred Butterbeer, she wanted to start softly and then move up to the slightly harder stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Ryan stood quietly, mostly listening to the conversation and listening to the introductions being made. The two woman he'd yet to meet before introduced themselves as Cataline and Elizabeth, who he remembered was the new head of Ravenclaw, and also the new librarian. It was a pleasure to meet them both, he enjoyed having a rather good relationship with his fellow workers, being friendly with them made work that much more enjoyable to him. Grinning when Cass and then Cataline answered his question, he nodded. "Good, I'm glad to hear that." Sincere and charismatic as always.

Looking toward the door he nearly had to do a double-take when his girlfriend strutted through it in a hot pink gown he'd never seen her wear before. He realized that an almost silly grin appeared on his face instantly at the sight of her, and he slipped one of his arms around her waist when she came up on the side of him and kissed his cheek. He waited as she introduced herself before he turned and gave her a kiss on her cheek, whispering in her ear, "Damn, gorgeous. Why haven't I seen you in this dress before?" He teased before straightening up with a grin.

When another man walked in, he nodded in acknowledgement toward him before a slight smile rested on his lips. "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kendrick." He replied, before listening to Cass offering drinks and snacks. Turning toward Leighton, his arm slipped from around her waist as he asked, "Want something to drink?" He glanced toward the bar questioningly, waiting for her answer. Then, remembering his manners, he glanced back around the small group. "Anyone else want anything while I'm over there?"
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vega

Leighton Vega

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Leighton smiled as she had a few eyes on her. Not that she was seeking the attention really, she was just more into the formality of dressing than balancing between casual and formal. She was kind of an extremist like that. She smiled as the headmistress introduced herself and shook her hand, and the blonde gave a pleasing nod placing her hand gently on top of Ryan's as it wrapped around her waist. "Merci, Ms. Thorn," she thanked the woman for the compliment, "I very much adore your dress as well," she added.

She grinned as her boyfriend kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear. Grinning, she leaned over and whispered in his ear back. "I have been saving it for a special occasion," she almost purred in his ear with a teasing toned whisper before returning her attention back to the crowd that seemed to be growing. Giving an acknowledging nod to Sarith, she looked to Cass, who addressed her once more. "I teach Dueling, Ms. Thorn," she replied charismatically, looking forward to showing students how to defend themselves if they were ever to end up in a fight.

Ryan grabbed her attention again, and she gave a small nod to him as well. "I would, merci. A glass of merlot, if you wouldn't mind," she advised, placing another kiss on his cheek. "So you are pregnant, Ms. Thorn?" she questioned with a smile, "Excited?" she asked as well, interested in the yong woman who was now running the school.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Mary greeted every person that entered, reckognizing Ryan, Leighton and Sarith, but couldn't remember if she saw Ms. Potter anywhere before. Maybe she was new, Mary concluded. She also seemed to be the only one wearing a casual dress here, but she didn't mind, that was her style.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy, Ms. Thorn" she said, smiling.
"I'd like a snack-oh, I'll just get it myself." Mary said to Ryan, but then remembered the man can't carry all by himself. "Would anyone else want anything?" she looked at her colleagues before going to the bar.
Back to top Go down
Sarith Kendrick

Sarith Kendrick

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 am

Sarith looked around before hearing offers of food and drink from the bar. Heading over, he simply picked up a cup of Gillywater before noticing Cataline and, as he passed her, whispered. "Why not take the whole bottle?"

Looking around, Sarith noticed the woman with red hair that had introduced herself to the Headmistress as Elizabeth Potter. Seeing her take a cup of what looked like pumpkin juice, a drink that he had never tried before, he asked. "Is that beverage any good?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Potter

Elizabeth Potter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am

Elizabeth looked up when the second man on the staff asked if her drink was any good.

"Yes it is," she nodded. "Though nothing beats Butterbeer in my opinion."

She took a sip and then turned back to the man.

"I'm sorry but I never got your name," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am

Ryan had to chuckle when Leighton leaned over to whisper back in his ear, and his smirk remained when he heard her answer. She always loved to tease him and now wasn't an excpetion, but he merely winked and let the topic go. It was just the way the couple was, a teasing one at that. He listened as Leighton informed Cass that she would be teaching Dueling the semester that was coming, and he had to admit she was just the right person to do that. If he were remembering correctly, Mr. Kendrick and Ms. Potter were teaching History of Magic and History of Muggles, while Mary was the Care of Magical Creatures professor. If he was remembering, one of the other staff, the newest addition (the new Potion's professor?) wasn't here, but at least they were making a steady progress in regards to Professor jobs.

Nodding in response to his girlfriend's request, he glanced toward Mary when she said she wanted a snack. He was all for getting it for her until she said she'd just get it herself. "Are you sure?" He said, but then shrugged. When it seemed no one else wished for anything he wandered over to the beverages, first getting the glass of merlot that Leighton wanted, before taking a glass of Coke mixed with a bit of Captain Morgan for himself. He was never really that much of a fan for mixed drinks but when socializing, he didn't see the need in getting bombed. That was why he was having soda with a taste of alcohol. Remembering no one else wished for a drink he appeared back at Leighton's side, handing her her glass before taking a sip of his own.

"There you are." He commented before glancing back between Cass and Leighton, who had been having a conversation before he'd left.
Back to top Go down
Sarith Kendrick

Sarith Kendrick

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Sarith nodded at the response from the Head of Ravenclaw, reminding himself to try a cup later. Hopefully, it wasn't anything like pumpkin soup with a remix or something strange altogether. If anything, he could simply transfigure drinks into something else.

Hearing Elizabeth's question, Sarith smiled and answered. "Oh, I'm Sarith Kendrick. Head of Hufflepuff and History of Magic professor."

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Potter

Elizabeth Potter

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

"Nice to meet you," Elizabeth said with a smile. She took another sip of her drink, though slightly wishing for a Butterbeer still. There was just something about that slightly alcoholic beverage that called out to her.

"Hope you're not as bad as Binns was," she said with a smirk. "That man could put even the best of them to sleep."

Last edited by Elizabeth Potter on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Hearing Sarith whisper a questioning suggestion, Cataline rolled her eyes before taking a swing from the cup. The wine tasted really good, almost enough to convince her to take the bottle. ALMOST being the key word. Nonetheless, she chugged the drink down entirely.

Looking around after refilling her glass, Cataline saw Mary at the bar before approaching.

"So how have you been? Anything interesting lately?" Cataline asked.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely

Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 am

As noone said theyd want anything, Mary made her way to the bar after nodding to Ryan at his question. At the bar, she saw there were
pretzels, peanuts and other snacks and so the witch went for peanuts. She also got herself a butterbeer, a beverage she enjoyed as much as coffee. She wasnt standing at the bar for long when the librarian came up to her and Mary turned to her with a smile.
"Hey Cataline. No, Im afraid my life has been quite uneventful lately..and you, been up to anything interesting?" she returned the question.
Back to top Go down
Sarith Kendrick

Sarith Kendrick

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 am

Sarith smiled at Elizabeth's remark on Culbert Binns, who was now somewhere in the afterlife thanks to some faculty member that had the audacity to perform the exorcism rites.

"Indeed although since he was a ghost, Binns was a cheap means to an end somewhat in getting the post filled. Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if he went that long through his tenure without a salary." Sarith remarked.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm

"Yes, I am. A baby girl. Thank you." I replied with a happy smile to Mary and Leighton, "But please, call me Cass." I smiled before turning to miss Potter, "And lovely to meet you Miss Potter." I sipped my water before smiling at Leighton, "Dueling? Oh I usedto duel, back when I was in school" Three years ago....
"Perhaps I'll pop in and watch, I do love a good duel." Hearing Sarith state he was the new history professor I smiled, I had slept well in Binns class, pleasent dreams. But the students were there to learn, notsleep.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vega

Leighton Vega

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Leighton smiled as she watched Ryan walk to obtain drinks and was left there to mingle with the other professors who stayed around. She gave the headmistress a complimentary nod. "Congratulations! Have you picked out a name?" she questioned her innocently, though she made it sound more rhetorical in case the woman had no intention of telling her so soon after meeting her.

The blonde smiled as her boyfriend returned to her side, glad she could see him after a little while apart. Lacing her fingers with his casually, she sueezed his hand and gave him a wink, swirling the drink in her glass before taking a sip. She chuckled to Cass, and smiled. "As did I. A past time I had a little while ago.. Not sure why I stopped," she pondered before shrugging, "I would like that. I would say we square off, but I wouldn't want to harm you and your daughter," she smiled before taking another small sip of her merlot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know you   Getting to know you Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Ground Floor :: Staff Room-
Jump to: