NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Baby, it's cold outside

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

Baby, it's cold outside Empty
PostSubject: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 am

Humming an old muggle tune Scarlet pulled on her boots and opened the door to be greeted by a burst of snow.
Well if that wasnt a nice wake up...
"Mom, I'm going to the park, taking pictures!" she called out to her baking mother.
"Have fun, be careful!"
Camera around her neck, warm red sweater and blue jeans she left her hair open to cover her ears and started walking to the park. Tutle, her turtle, was applilt perched on her shoulder. They lived about half an hour away so she stopped at an inn, used the floo and walked from the leaky.
Snow crunching under her footsteps she sang softly under her breath "All I want for christmas...is you..." She loved christmas tunes. She could sing alright too so noone was bothered.
Soon she was at the park and she looked around for inspration.
Her blue eyed gaze fell on an old couple, walking hand in hand through the snow. Grinning slightly she shot a picture of them.
Nice shot.

After a whle she had pictures of all sorst of interesting sight and decided that it was too nice to go hone yet so she pulled out a book, The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, and sat under a tree, crossing her legs and ajusting her glasses.

Soon she was sunken in her novel and was, of course, surprised to find a person standing in front ofher and tutle, the poor dear, got so frightened she slid onto Scarlets lap.
Soothing the turtle she looked up, pushing her glasses back up her nose and inquiring "Can I help you with something?"
Back to top Go down
Tristan Lestrange

Tristan Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 am

Tristan enjoyed the cooler weather and when he glanced outside, he was thrilled to see snow dancing from the sky and settling on the sidewalks, which was already dusted in a light layer of the fluffy snow. It didn't take him long to decide what his plans for the day were going to be, and he headed upstairs to change out of his sweatpants and shirt he'd worn to bed. He knew his parents wouldn't care seeing as they weren't even home, and his sister hadn't come home the night before. Which her kitten Lyric hadn't taken to lightly, and had made her home on Tristan's bed instead. He wrinkled his nose when he walked into his room and noticed she hadn't moved, instead stretching out her legs and clawing at his blanket. "Lyric!" He scolded and she mewed at him, which he promptly rolled his eyes to. She couldn't play her innocent mind games with him like she could with his sister.. it wouldn't work. He liked Lyric enough, but cats weren't his favorite.

Having taken a shower the night before, he discarded his clothes and pulled on some jeans, a grey thermal, and then a sweater. His hair was messy but tastefully so, strands sticking up in random directions. He put on some socks and then his boots, ready to go. Then, he thought twice and sprayed on some cologne. Never knew who he might run into and after all, it was always good to smell fresh. He was just grabbing his wand (always just in case) and turning toward the door when he stopped short. Lyric was in his way, looking up at him with her big green eyes and purring. He wrinkled his nose, not quite understanding what she wanted. "Food?" He suggested, and she darted out of his door. Well, that seemed to do the trick. He shook his head and followed out after her.

Yet when he got to the kitchen, she wasn't there. Sighing heavily he peered out toward the door, and sure enough she was there. "Lyric." He said evenly, and she looked at him and mewed. He scratched his head before it clicked.. she must have wanted to go out. He looked unsure for a moment, but he could always bring her out for a few then bring her back.... he made a face at the thought, but he wouldn't want to be alone in the house either. Besides, his sister would never know. And so he strode up to the fluffy gray kitten, rolling his eyes at her purring, and strode out into the snowfall. Yeah, it was nice out here.. he loved it.

He wasn't walking for very long when all of a sudden, Lyric began to squirm in his arms. Confused he looked ahead of them, but saw nothing. "Quit it!" He scolded but she didn't, instead squirming even more. He couldn't understand it.. and then she dug her claws into him to keep herself from falling. It didn't hurt but he still gasped in surprise, instinctively dropping her. He realized his error immediately and went to grab her again, but she booked it and he swore under his breath. This was not good.. not at all! He booked it after her but had to remind himself that there was black ice and it was slippery.. but he couldn't lose sight of the damn fur ball. First and last time he brought her..

She had him chase her all the way to the park, and by the time he got there he was slightly out of breath. She was still running though, delighted by her freedom. He could have used a couple of spells to slow her down but he didn't think of it at the time.. and now she was headed straight for a .. pink haired girl? Sitting under a tree reading. His first thought was the girl he'd had a slight flirtation with at the Cafe a couple of months ago, Kaie. She'd had pink hair. But as he got closer he realized it wasn't her.. and that Lyric had run up the back of the tree behind her. He slowed down immediately at came to a short stop in front of her, breathing deeply and surprised that he hadn't fallen in the chase. And yet now... the kitten was up in the tree. He noticed his arrival had scared the girls pet and it had fallen into her lap, and once the girl looked up he gave a quick, apologetic smile."Uh, sorry.. but. Yeah. My... sister's cat.. I need to get her out of the tree." He finished sheepishly, rubbing his neck. Damn cat..

"Sorry again to bother you and for uh.. scaring your turtle." He added before sneaking a glance up into the tree. Sure enough, he saw the gray ball of fluff staring back at him with an almost proud look on her face. Little brat....

Last edited by Tristan Lestrange on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:16 am

"Oh?" sure enough, Scarlet looked up and saw the cat.
"Well thats easily done." she pulled her wand out from behind her ear and stood, gently holding Tutle.
"Shh girl.." she murmured to the now hiding turtle.
"Wingardium Leviosa." she levitated the kitten down to the boys arms with a shy smile. "And don't worry about it. I have younger siblings. Tutles should be used to it by now." she laughed.
"Oh, ehm, i'm Scarlet Mason. and this is Tutle." she held up the now scowling Tutles and grinned sheepishly "When I was little I couldnt say Turtle so..Tutle. I think she's forgiven me but..I'm not so sure." she explained fondly before picking up her book and dusting off a bit of snow before putting it in her bag.
"Does this happen often?" she asked curiously before internally smacking herself for the lame question. What could she say? She was socially awkward. An awkward turtle.
OhDear.
Back to top Go down
Tristan Lestrange

Tristan Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Tristan's sheepish look remained plastered to his face as he nodded again, glancing up with the girl and again shaking his head at the pleased-looking kitten. Looking back to her face for a moment he watched as she pulled out her wand from behind her ear, and that was when he realized just how idiotic he looked. In all of his rushing and hoping the cat didn't injure itself, he'd completely forgotten that he had magic just at the tip of his hands, and he would have surely been able to get the kitten down that way. It seemed as if this pink-haired girl was going to do it for him though. It was somewhat embarrassing, to have been chasing after a kitten but she hadn't seemed to see the spectacle with her nose in the book she'd been reading. Which was always good.

He watched as the kitten was levitated out of the tree, much to her indignation, and he chuckled as he wrapped his hands securely around her warm little body. "Sucks to be you." He commented to her and he could have sworn she gave him a dirty look, in which he just rolled his eyes. She had too much of an attitude for a kitten, he was certain of that. Then he remembered his manners, and he looked up at the girl again. She was smiling at him shyly, and he offered a smile back. "Thanks, by the way." He commented with a nod. And then she was introducing herself. He supposed that was the proper thing to do at this point.

"I'm Tristan Lestrange.. and this is Lyric." He replied, lifting the kitten's furry body for a moment before holding her back against his chest. He chucked as she explained the name. "Nice to meet the both of you." He mused with a nod. He watched as she began putting her stuff away and felt bad for bothering her. Maybe now was the time he turned around and walked away..? But now she was asking him a question, and his brow rose for a moment before he smirked, shaking his head. "No. This is the first, and last time I take her out." He said with firmness, despite the mew of disapproval from Lyric. "I just felt bad, leaving her home alone." He shrugged before tossing a glance behind him. "I should probably take her home now."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Scar waved off the thanks with a smile "No problem, Tutle gets into hr own messes, I'm used to it" she thought of all the strange escapes Tutle had attempted to pull. Apparently Lyric and Tutle had the same adventurous streak.'
With a smile to Lyric she nodded "Nice to meet you both as well." Tutle seemed curious of the kitten now and stuck her wrinkley head out of her shell. She made her sneeze/snort/cough/laugh sound of approval nd then looked up at Tristan and attempted to be intimidating.
Constipating, was more the look she acheived.
Oh Tutle...
"Ignore her, she's always like that" Scar excused her familiars behaviour.
Then she remembered the camera around her neck "Oh ehm, would you mind terribly if I took a picture of you two? I usually try to paint the pictures of people I met and a wall with the leftover pictures." she explained hoping her request wasnt too odd.
Back to top Go down
Tristan Lestrange

Tristan Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:49 am

Tristan flashed another quick smile, shifting from one foot to the other in order to keep some sort of circulation going in his otherwise motionless body. "Pets are always getting into trouble." He said with a small shake of his head. He nodded lightly when she said it was nice to meet them as well. He noticed that Tutle seemed to be recovering nicely from her fear and he watched with amusement as she stuck her head cautiously out her shell. Lyric's over-sized ears began to shift forward curiously and she began sniffing at the air before stretching her small head out to meet the turtle. At the noise the turtle made, Lyric responded with a meow before settling back against Tristan's chest, her fluffy tail lazily moving back and forth. "Guess they like each other." He commented, before realizing that the turtle was now attempting to stare him down. Arching a brow, he couldn't help but smirk at the simply ridiculous expression. "Me, not so much apparently." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders.

Another small shake of his head at the apology. "I get it, not everyone can like me." He commented before continuing. "Even if I'm quite the likable person." He laughed at the slightly arrogant comment. At the question he paused in confusion, glancing between the girl and then the camera he just now noticed was hanging around her neck. The request was certainly odd and out of the ordinary, and he couldn't say he'd ever been asked such a thing before. Scarlet seemed nice but he wasn't so sure.. "Do you always ask people you just meet to take their pictures?" He asked, hoping he didn't sound rude but actually curious. Because that was sort of courageous, if so. Most people wouldn't take it lightly, getting asked by a complete stranger to have their picture taken for painting purposes.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Scar smiled as Tutle and Lyric seemed to get along, due to her being, well, a turtle Tutle didn't really know many animals, so it was nice that she interacted with Lyric to prove that Scars social awkwardness hadn't rubbed off.
Sigh.
At his somewhat arrogent comment Scar bit back a laugh before nodding "I'm just gonna take your word on that." she replied before biting her lip at his question before shrugging,
"If I have the camera with me I do. Tutle thinks it's embarrassing." she tickled the turtle absently.
She knew she was a friendless bookworm, that she could be shy and awkward, but she was in Gryffindor for a reason.
When it came to something she loved, like art or music, her shyness went away. She wasn't naturally shy, she'd been that way for six years since..well, that was another story.
Her actual nature was still soft but, quirky and sort of fearless. She just hid that side just like she hid her scars.
The point, in her fearless actions now, was that it was for art, her passion, so her nature kicked in. And she had no shyness when it came to it.
Playing with one of her pink curls she said, "the sorting hat placed me in gryffindor for a reason, I suppose." though her soft voice seemed to belong to anyone But a brave person.
Scarlet wondered if Tristan was at Hogwarts. She wouldn't know, she spent her time in class, in the library or down by the lake in a small clearing no one went to so she could paint in peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby, it's cold outside   Baby, it's cold outside Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby, it's cold outside
Page 1 of 1