NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? Empty
PostSubject: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 am

I was the new Headmistress of Hogwarts. It was weird, it really was, but I had to get used to it sometime.
So I decided to be responsible and contact the deputy headmaster.
Unfortunately I had to refrain from referring to myself as 'The Sheriff' as I did so.
Thea would have laughed her ass off at that one.
I grinned as I entered the leaky cauldren, clad in a baby blue blouse and skinnt jeans, though noth were maternity. I was in my fourth month so it showed but I shwed it proudly. And I hadnt actually gained that much weight.
My figure was the same, full in the right places slender in thers with a baby bump.
I sat at the bar and ordered a water for the wait, absentmindedly doodling girl names on my napkin.
Bethany...Morgan....Stephanie...Grace... Then I heard a clearing of throat.
"Huh? I mean, Hi, I'm Cassandra Thorn, call me Cass." I smiled outstreching my hand to shake, "oh..you ARE Ryan Porter, right?"
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 am

Ryan had just been lounging around at home when he'd received an owl from the "new Headmistress of Hogwarts." At first he hadn't been all that ecstatic, seeing as the former Headmistress had been one of his very good friends, but she'd moved on with her life and he was happy for her. That was the reason why he took a shower and headed into his bedroom to get dressed, with the intentions of meeting the woman. He hadn't heard anything about her and he couldn't deny that he was curious to meet her and hear more about her. Who knew, maybe they'd be able to become friends or something along the sort like he had been with both Aubrey and Jaeden. Or maybe they wouldn't get along at all, that was possible as well. Couldn't always like the people you associated with when it came to the working world, and he knew that.

He pulled on a light grey button-down, with a dark grey vest over it. He left the top three buttons on the light grey button down undone for an ensemble that turned to be not over the top formal, but not casual either. He always dressed nicely, no matter where it was that he was going. Besides, it would be nice to make a good first impression, and that started with the appearance.

Fifteen minutes later and he appeared in front of the Leaky Cauldron, not really sure of who he was supposed to be looking for exactly. But he let himself in and took a slow glance around. For some reason, he got a feeling that the blonde woman by the bar by herself was his lunch date, and so he confidently headed in her direction. She seemed to be doing something once he got to her though, and so he cleared hs through. "Uh.. Ms. Thorn?" He began, but then she was looking up and introducing herself. A polite smile appeared on his lips. He even laughed slightly when she asked if he was Ryan. "Uh.. yup. Pretty sure, at least." He joked.

Taking the seat on the side of her, he gave another polite smile. "Nice to meet you, Cass." He didn't mind that they were already on first name basis. He reached out and grasped her outstretched hand to shake it, before placing his hands back on the bar. Ordering himself a firewhiskey (he had a drink once in a while when just going out) he turned his blue eyes back to her pretty face. "So, how're you liking the new job?" He said casually, pausing to roll up the sleeves of his button down up to his elbows.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:49 am

I smiled, he seemed nice so far. Though the way he was dressed left me wishing id be wearing something professional. but maternity selection was rare..
"I'd be better dressed but, maternity selection is slim pickings." I felt the need to explain, I didnt want him to think I didnt take it seriously.
"The new job? Well its certainly a big change.Mostly studying files so far, making term schedules and such. I was thinking of bring the muggle tradition of a Prom in. Just, some new things to mix in with tradition. And I'll definately need your help." I smiled slightly knowing I'd need his help a lot.
"I havent gotten to know the staff yet, is there anyone I need to keep an eye on? Please tell me Binns isnt still teaching..." I asked warily, thinking of my Hogwarts days.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Ryan noticed Cass smiling and returned the gesture, taking a sip of his drink once it appeared in front of him. Lightly placing the glass back down in front of him his attention skipped back to her as she explained her ensemble, which he just now took notice to. Glancing down before back up to her face he merely chuckled, shaking his head. He hadn't even noticed that she was pregnant, but he offered a slight smile. "Congratulations. Do you know what you're having yet?" He asked casually, hoping to keep the conversation going. Nothing he hated more then awkward silences. "As for how you're dressed, don't worry about it. I always dress like this." He said almost sheepishly, grinning afterward. And it was true, even though it never hurt when trying to gain a good reputation. He didn't think any different of her though for how she were dressed. After all, they were on break and everything.

When she began talking about the job he nodded sympathetically. When he'd first started he'd felt like it was a lot as well, but now he was much more accustomed and he was willing to help her with anything she would need. That was his job, after all. He made a thoughtful face when she suggested the "Muggle tradition of Prom." That wasn't a bad idea, after all.. it could be actually sort of fun for the students. "That's not a half bad idea. We could think of other events throughout the year for the students to participate in as well." He said, getting a bit excited. He didn't think he'd have any problem getting along with Cass.. although she seemed young for the job, she also seemed enthusiastic and ready to put forth her best effort into running the school. "I think you'll do fine with this job." He said with a small, encouraging smile. "And of course I'll be right here to help whenever you need it." He added with a shrug. That was just a given.

Chuckling, he shook his head at the mention of keeping an eye on anyone. "The staff are all pretty good, I must say.. although there's quite a few teaching spots that have opened as of recently." He said with a small frown, before he shrugged. They could worry about that later, if need be. "And no, he's long gone, I assure you." He said with a small laugh. At least she seemed to have a sense of humor as well.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:28 am

I nodded "Thanks, a baby girl. So it'll stay a no man zone at home" I joked thinking of my female flatmate.
Poor Thea.

'well I usually dress like that too, haha, I think I'm going to use the 'pregnant-hormones' card with the saleswitch at the maternity storeif they keep up this sort of selection." I laughed thinking that this was going well.
He immedietly caught on with my idea of a Prom and my eyes lit up at his ezcitement. Scoreeee!
"Yes exactly, Thatway the prefects have something to do other than patrol. And I've looked at the records of the student and I think Luca Lestrange and Morgaine Arkanian would be the best heads. They could be in charge of planning the prom at the end of the year." I explained wondering what he'd think.

"What other events do you think we should introduce? I was wondering if maybe the students of the seventh year would be interested in making a yearbook. " i suggested sipping my water. "And thanks, I'm sure i'll be needing your help"

Then I listened to his comments on Staff.
"Oh good, well I'm sure we'll find some more teachers soon, and thank Merlin Binns is gone. I remember his lessons, I've never slept so deeply" I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:10 am

Ryan managed to crack another small smile as Cass made a joke about there being all females back at home, including the baby. He shrugged, twirling the glass around a couple of times before replying. "A house doesn't always need testosterone to keep it running smoothly." He assured her. There was nothing that was more attractive to him then independence in a woman, one of the first things he'd taken notice to when it came to his girlfriend Leighton. Cass seemed to be quite the independent woman as well, or maybe that was just the front she put up. Who knows, not like it mattered or was even any of his business.

He nodded in understanding when she explained that she usually dressed the same way, but he understood that selection for outfits had to be different for women who were expecting. He couldn't help but take a moment to appreciate her figure, though the action took no more then a second or two and he was fairly certain she wouldn't even have noticed. He wasn't exactly sure how far along she was but she looked good. He decided that might be a compliment to give at a later time though, he didn't want to give off the impression of being creepy. Because he certainly wasn't. Just observant with almost everything.

He noticed that her eyes lit up when he showed his approval of the prom idea, and he considered her next set of ideas with a thoughtful expression. It did make sense, and he would admit he was already liking this woman and her ability of taking charge. It was exactly the change that the school had needed. He considered the two students in his head, quickly re-thinking any previous records he could remember before he nodded slowly. "That's not a half bad idea.. neither student has had any infractions, disciplinary actions taken or any other problems that I can think of.." He began. "And Ms. Arkanian has been an excellent Prefect in the past.. I certainly think she would make a good Head Girl." He said confidently. "As for Mr. Lestrange, I am not completely familiar with him.. but I don't see why he wouldn't make a decent Head Boy." He finally said with a shrug.

When she asked for his input he considered for a moment. "Maybe next year, a Masquerade Bash during Halloween, perhaps?" He'd never been all that into the Muggle celebrations but that could be fun. "Maybe at the end of the year, have an annual food fight in the Great Hall? To end the year with some fun?" He said with a laugh, shaking his head at the possible results of that. With the help of magic though, things wouldn't be hard to clean. "Welcoming parties? Farewell parties? Some school clubs?" The possibilities were endless, but he ended his rant there as he took a sip of his drink.

He nodded when she spoke of the staff situation. They would find Professors without a problem, he was fairly confident with that. He grinned at her mention of Binns. "Oh, I agree. At least I caught up on sleep during his classes." He said with a chuckle, leaning one arm on the bar in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

I listened to him evaluate the two students and nodded,
"Right, Then I'll owl them tonight." I smiled before he had idea after idea.
A happy grin spread over my features, "Yes! That sounds great! A masquarade on Halloween, Yule ball next christmas, Prom this end of yearand to top it all a massive magical food fight! Brilliant!" I took out a notepad and wrote it down before I could forget. The pregnancy was making me very forgetful. Last night I had forgotten to charm Theas straightener to turn off and I'd nearly singed off her hair. She was still wary of the thing.
Poor Thea.
Ah Well.
"School clubs! Iremember a gobstones club when I was there, But I think it disbanded. So Chess club, Gobstones, Photography...Theres so many things.. We could have the students write their ideas. Oh! A Bulletin board, withh all the dates and club lists and all! We can put it in the Great Hall, right under the hourglasses!"my mind was buzzing with ideas and I knew I'd be up late tonight making charts.

"Whendid you graduate? Or rather, how old are you? If I may ask." I pondered, trying to remember if I'd seen him. He was older than me, definately but not by much I'd say. Early twenties perhaps.
"I have to admit, I'm a bit worried that some of the older students wont really accept me. I'm only just barely four years older, I turn Twenty next week." I said meekly, afraid that peope wouldnt take me seriously due to my age. But I meant business, I was going to run this school to the best of abilities.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:55 am

Ryan nodded when she said she'd owl the two students tonight. He was sure they'd probably be surprised by the offer, but he hoped it was a pleasant surprise. He also hoped that either of them hadn't made the wrong judgments about making the two Heads, but he decided they'd just have to wait it out and see how it would all panned out. He wasn't too worried.

Seeing the happy grin from Cass made him feel proud and comfortable with the ideas he'd suggested to her. He never had a problem suggesting things if it were to make the school better for the students, but he was just glad that he had the stamp of approval from her now. As she began explaining his ideas back to him he grinned with a nod, pretty excited for them himself now and they were all in the far future. He would admit he was slightly impressed when she took out the notepad and began jotting down the ideas, but it made him feel better at the same time. This meant she was going to take the job seriously, and that was what they needed right now.

"I think the best idea would be to get the students to suggest clubs they'd be most interested in." He reasoned with a nod. He wasn't sure where their interests leaned toward these days. "And a bulletin board sounds like a great idea.. keeps things nice and organized." Which was what he liked. Nothing he hated more then clutter, disorganization, and just chaos. Things were so much more stressful to handle under such conditions, so again he felt better knowing that she seemed to be a more organized person like himself. Yeah, they would probably get along just fine. He was glad he'd met up with her now. Wary at first, but glad now.

At her question he chuckled, pausing to look at her again. She definitely looked young and he wondered just how young, but he didn't plan on asking her age unless she provided it herself. One thing you never asked a woman was her age, everyone knew that. "I'm twenty six." He replied with a chuckle. He'd be twenty seven in a couple of months though. "And I was in Slytherin." He added, remembering the good-old days. When she began explaining how she was worried that some of the older students wouldn't accept her, his brow arched. Just how young was she? A new sprout of worries came back at this reminder, wondering if she would be able to handle things.

When she said she turned twenty next week he didn't bother hiding his look of surprise. Damn, younger then he'd expected. He took a sip of his drink before offering her a grin. "I wouldn't worry too much.. you are a bit young, but. Age won't matter if you show them that you mean business." He said with a nod. "Start out strong so they can tell that you aren't down for any bull.. and they should get the message." He said simply. She might have to be a bit stern and aggressive to get this point across, but it had to be done if she didn't want them to take advantage of her young age. "Like I said, I'll be here to help but. I don't think they'll disrespect. You'll be ok." He said, before wondering. "So, how did you land the wonderful job of Headmistress?" He grinned.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:47 am

"nice and organized! Yes, makes things so much easier. I'm going to have to teach Babygirl here that first thing" I laughed fondly patting my stomach.
And to think I had been afraid of this meeting, things were going fine. I was sure we were going to be able to geta lot done for the school. And that was my goal. to help restore Hogwarts to its former glory.

"Twentysix? So you were leaving right when i came to Hogwarts." I mused before nodding and adding "I was in Ravenclaw, a bookworm at heart I'm afraid." I confessed with a smile. I listened to his advice nd thought I'd definately try to work that into my welcoming speech. Gosh my welcoming speech..still needed to work on it.
All nighter ahead of me, I could already tell.

"Yeah, its a bit of a surprise isnt it? 19, pregnant and the next headmisstress of Hogwarts." I rubbed my temples sighing, "But you're right, I'll do that. And I hope so."

Then he asked me how I got the job and I smiled,
"I almost didnt take it actually. I read in the prophet that they needed a new Head and I thought, since I needed a job other than waiting tables at Als muggle warehouse I applied. My NEWTS were all O's and E's, so the board invited me to talk with them. I almost canceled, but as I thought more about it I thought ir was a wonderful oppurtunity for myself and my daughter and the school. I have ideas, I'm organized, I still remember what its like to be a student so I can relate to them to a certain degree. And They thought I would be good for the job." I explained before turning it back at him, "And how did you score Deputy?"
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Ryan nodded in agreement. "Yes, definitely." He said with a smile, keeping it there when she mentioned having to teach her unborn daughter the same thing. That probably wouldn't be a bad idea. He was glad that things were going smoothly so far and that there hadn't been any dramatic pauses in the conversations. He had a feeling that together, they would be able to get a lot done for the school, and he liked being able to think that. Of course, he knew he shouldn't be so quick to judge when just about anything could happen, but they would make a good team, he believed. He hoped his judgement wasn't mistaken this time around. He was never too far off from his mark though, and he hoped he continued with that streak when it came to Cass.

"Yeah, I guess I was." He said thoughtfully, which explained why he never knew of her. When she confessed to being in Ravenclaw because she was a bookworm at heart, he laughed lightly. While he couldn't remember the last time he'd picked up a book on his own free will.. "That's not a bad thing. My younger sister Emilie, who attends Hogwarts as well, enjoys reading a lot too." He mused. She wasn't always reading but he did catch her doing it sometimes. He had nothing against it, it just wasn't for him or in his line of interests was all.

He knew a look of sympathy crossed over his face when she commented on it being a surprise. "Yes, slightly.. but life's full of them, no?" He decided to try and keep the mood light and not awkward. Yes, he was surprised that she was nineteen, maybe a little surprised that she was having a baby so young (and without a father, as she'd previously stated) and before perhaps he'd questioned her abilities of being the Headmistress.. but everything was okay now. Well to him, at least. He smiled though when she seemed to take his advice. Well.. that was good. He wanted her to feel like she could trust him, and vice versa.

When she began to answer his question he gave her his attention and listened closely, nodding every now and then to prove that he was listening. When she finished he was smiling again. "Interesting twist of events.. well, glad to have you as a co-worker." He said with a laugh, before taking a sip of his drink to answer her question. "I was good friends with the former Headmistress, Aubrey Pimental." He began, setting his glass down. "We both needed jobs and since we always worked well as a team, decided to apply for both of the jobs and we scored them." He said simply. It really hadn't been a hard process at all.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Thorn

Cassandra Thorn

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 pm

When he told me of his younger sister I nodded, "Books have an unrivaled joy, I think, to some people." I commented nodding again.
And I certainly agreed with his next statement as my hand automatically rested on my baby bump without me noticing as I nodded "Yes, indeed. Full of surprises." a small smile curved my lips.
At the end of my story we both laughed and I grinned "And I look forward to working together. I'm sure we will accomplish a lot." I said confidently. knowing that if Ryan was really always like this we'd make a great change in the school that I loved so much.
"Aubrey Pimental..yes that sounds familiar. I didnt have the pleasure of meeting her though." I said before taking a sip of my drink, "So, tell me about yourself, hobbies, sweet preference, whatever." I thought it would be best to know each other better before we started working together.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Porter

Ryan Porter

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Ryan's shrugged his shoulders in response to Cass's comment about reading. She wasn't wrong, after all. "You're right. You either like reading, or you don't like it. There's really no in between." He mused thoughtfully before letting the subject slide, seeing as their conversation was moving on to other things.

He noticed when he'd commented on life being full of surprises, she'd automatically put her hand on her stomach. He supposed that had been an immense surprise all in itself for her, but he gave her credit for seeming to be handling it so smoothly. Not a lot of nineteen year old's would be able to handle her current situation, and he knew that for a fact.

Nodding with a grin, he had to agree with her next statement. "I look forward to it as well. And yes, we will." He said, and of that he was confident of. If they both kept their current mind-frame, they could accomplish amazing things together, that was for sure. "Oh, she's a very nice woman." He complimented his friend before shrugging. He didn't expect Cass's next question, but that was one thing Ryan never minded ; talking about himself.

Chuckling, he took a sip of his drink as he considered what to tell her. A moment later and he began to talk randomly. "Well, I like to fly in my spare time. I used to run the Quality Quidditch Store." He began thoughtfully. "I love to travel and experience places and things. I enjoy tattoos, I actually have a couple of them. Instead of being a reader I work out. I have a pet snake named Gem." He chuckled, shrugging. "Sweets have a special place in my heart. Anything such as chocolate, cake, cheesecake.. doesn't matter what." He said sheepishly. What else could he throw in there? She didn't need to know about his personal life really.. besides.. "Emilie Porter is my sister, as you already know. And I've been dating the Slytherin Head of House, Leighton Vega, for a little over a year and a half now." He finished with a smirk. "How about you?" He was interested in getting to know her more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?   You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff? Empty

Back to top Go down

You're the deputy..does that mean I get to be called Sheriff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Diagon Alley :: Leaky Cauldron-
Jump to: