NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Day Well Spent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:54 am

I left my apartment without really knowing where I was going, just knowing that I needed a break from... my everyday life? Not that I didn't enjoy it, but really it wasn't what I'd seen myself doing at the age of nineteen. Having a girlfriend who I spent most of my time with. Don't get me wrong, I liked it and everything, but it had been hard to get used to after the free lifestyle I'd grown accustomed to. I supposed that was sort of why I was taking a day to myself for now, in a sense. I hadn't seen anyone I knew from Hogwarts since I'd graduated, and I wondered if maybe I'd run into any of them today. I was sort of craving some socialization with someone different then Gwen, and while I felt slightly guilty about thinking something like that, I reasoned with myself that every couple needed a break from one another at one point. With that thought in mind I slid my hands into my front jean pockets to keep warm in the cooler weather we'd been experiencing, and headed off down the sidewalk.

Before, I would be out all the time and I always had a place to go. Those places had consisted of bars, clubs, and pubs though, all of which I knew I probably shouldn't be going to now. I made an almost pained expression as I realized how limited and lost I was in regards of places to go. Had I become that accustomed to the partying lifestyle? I shook my head, in a way disgusted with myself but in another way, missing what I used to do. Finally I saw the sign for Potter's Park looming in the distance, and without much else of an idea of where to go, I headed in it's direction.

I ignored the chilling breeze that picked up, although the moment I saw white flurries beginning to twirl down and into my vision I inwardly groaned. Really, it was going to snow? Rolling my eyes I began strolling the park, although not too long later I found myself on a bench. I slid down a bit so I was in a lounging position, resting my hands on my toned abdomen. Well, this was fun.

Exactly what I'd been looking forward to... sure...
Back to top Go down
Blake Darling

Blake Darling

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 am

Blake was walking in the park. She loved her daughter, she did, she truly did, but lately she had been making the raven haired girl want to rip her head off. Chantelle had a pair of lungs on her and Blake was surprised she wasn't deaf yet, but then again, she was glad about that fact. Leaving her daughter in great care with a nanny she had gotten when her daughter was born, she figured a little air would be good for her.

Kicking up some of the snow that was on the ground with her boot, she puffed out a breath of air that mistified as it hit the atmoshpere. Well she needed the air, but she didn't think it would be quite this... boring? The girl loved to have fun, even with her responsibilities of paying for stuff and taking care of her daughter.

Puffing out her cheeks and furrowing her brows, she looked around. There had to be someone. Someone! Around. She knew there were people, even in the cold, who still liked to get out and about, and she had to run into someone. Spotting someone on the bench, she recognized the face. Evan? Well that was an odd surprise. Smirking, she picked up a handful of snow, balled it up, and threw it at Evan's head. "Hey Cheshire!" she called with a snicker.
Back to top Go down
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 am

I had to admit this was about just as exciting as watching a chess match, but what else was there to do? I wasn't even sure what time of day it was, nevermind what I could possibly do to entertain myself. Eventually, a hazy fog began to surround my brain, and sooner then I had expected, my eyelids were growing heavy. Taking a nap on an uncomfortable park bench in broad daylight hadn't really ever crossed my mind before, but there was a first time for everything, no? I let my eyes settled closed and just as my breathing was becoming slower and I was slipping off into a very light slumber... I was pelted in the face with something icy cold, and immediately I leapt up, nearly falling off of the bench.

What the fuck... I managed to catch myself and sat upright immediately, my wide eyes glaring around until I heard the comment that followed. Cheshire. Oh, Blake. I should had known.. my eyes quickly located the raven-haired girl and I couldn't help but grin, shaking my head in amusement. "Really, Blake? You're lucky you're hot...." I teased with a wink, before bending down and scooping up some snow myself.

I managed to make it into what might resemble a snowball and I chucked it at her head, hoping to hit just as she'd hit with me. But she had the advantage of seeing the whole thing, and no matter how well my aim was I figured she'd probably dodge it. "Well, it's nice to see you again, too." I mocked, leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees. She'd been one of the last people I had expected to see, but hey. Who cares? She was entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Blake Darling

Blake Darling

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 am

Blake snickered as Evan jumped up, nearly falling off of the bench after she had chucked the ball of snow at him. Well that was certainly an entertaining way to get the sleepy boy up and from his slumber. "You know how I do," she waved her hand like it was no big deal, "But thanks, I know I am hot," she winked to him, watching him pick up snow.

After he managed what seemed like a ball, he chucked it at her, and she held up her arm, the snowball puffing to its original form as it floated to the ground from hitting her red fleece coat. "Nice to see you!" she mocked with amusement as she made her way closer. "By the way, try and take me off guard if you want to hit me. Only fair cause I got a cheap shot in," she told him with confidence and a playful wink, "But! I will be weary, so maybe another day," she snickered.

Plopping her nice arse down next to the male and folding one leg ove ther other, she nudged Evan with her shoulder a bit and smiled. "What brings your sexy ass all the way out here, Cheshire? Don't you have something better to do than sleep on a bench like a hobo?" she inquired. Not that she was complaining, after all, he was fun to hang out with, and it kept her from wanting to scream out in boredom.
Back to top Go down
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:49 am

I already knew that Blake had a conceited attitude about her, and so it didn't surprise me when she told me she already knew she was hot. "Never hurts to be reminded from someone else though." I reasoned, smirking as I sat up a bit straighter again. My eyes were still a bit sleepy but I knew I would quickly wake up, thanks to the cold faceful of snow I'd enjoyed just a few moments before. I watched as the snowball sailed through the air but hit her arm, way off target just like I had figured. Then again I hadn't been trying all that hard to try and hit her of course, but I still managed a half-grin. "It's always nice to see me." I replied back arrogantly, going along with being full of myself just like she was.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." I said, enjoying the playful wink that I earned from her. Although it wasn't the first in the short time we'd been together. "Don't worry, revenge is sweet." I taunted, trying to look innocent but knowing I was failing miserably. Because of course, when it came to me, innocence wasn't exactly the first word to come to anyone's mind.

I angled my body toward her ever so slightly when she sat down next to me, making a point of playfully looking her up and down before shrugging at her words. "It's the hottest new way to get girls, didn't you know? I was just testing it out." I rolled my eyes with a snicker. I gestured over to her with a wink. "I now have a hot girl sitting next to me. Guess it works." I laughed before switching subjects for now. "So, how's life been treating ya, stranger?"
Back to top Go down
Blake Darling

Blake Darling

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Blake couldn't help her smirk on her lips as it grew only a little bit more with amusement. Of course, she agreed with his statement. What was the harm in being reminded of something one knew well of? But of course she was attractive, and so was Evan, so what was the harm? They had similar ego's. "Oh but of course!" she teased in a American southern accent like she was swooped of her feet by just the way he looked.

"Oh so sweet," she reinstated with a taunting grin. He was more than welcome to try and get her back, but she often had the last word when it came to revenge, so she couldn't say he would win, or if she would. But she was more than willin to see if it escalated a snowball fight.The raven-haired girl looked over Evan with her bright green eyes and smirked. Her best friend certainly had great taste, that was for sure.

"Hottest way to pick up chicks like me right?" she chuckled and gave him another playful nudge. "I will have to give it a try sometime. See if it gets hot guys like you too," she snickered again, pulling up on leg close to her body, her gaze returning to him. "Life has been fabulous! Having my ears screamed in and nothing to do but sit around with my thoughts. I say I am doing fine! And how has life been for you?" she iquired back as she looked up, a snowflake landing in her eye and making her shake her head.
Back to top Go down
Evan Caldwell

Evan Caldwell

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:35 am

Even though I hadn't been around Blake that much, we still got along pretty well and it really didn't surprise me. I either really got along with someone or just couldn't stand them, and I supposed I was glad to say that Blake was one of the many that I got along with without a hitch. I knew that was because we had very similar personalities but I didn't mind.. even if I wasn't exactly used to dealing with, in a way, the female version of me. It was amusing to say the very least, and of course that was what I had been looking for today. So, it was all working out. For now at least.

"It is. When it works out in my favor at least." I replied with a small grin, shrugging my shoulders. I wasn't too sure if I would be able to get the revenge I wanted, but it would also be an interesting battle to see who would win. I didn't give up without a fight and neither did she.. oh, the competition. I chuckled inwardly at my thoughts I turned my attention back to Blake, my blue eyes meeting her green ones. I never did realize what pretty eyes she actually had, not until this moment.

I nodded when she repeated my statement, grinning and actually thinking it was pretty intelligent to think up on such short notice. The idea needed a bit more work but it had served it's purpose. "Yeah, you should give it a try. You'll love the results." I said with a wink, laughing shortly after. While the idea was absurd to say the very least, it was still entertaining. "You won't get any as nearly good looking as me though." I said confidently, my eyes sparkling in amusement.

My nose wrinkled when she began describing how her life had been, and my expression became sympathetic as I nodded. "I'd say you're doing just fine, too." I said with a soft smile, before shrugging. "Good I guess." Besides a pregnancy scare with Gwen. I thought, but didn't say aloud. Gwen had assured me that we didn't have to worry about her being pregnant, she would get something from Blake. I didn't think it was any of my business to ask if it had worked, so I switched subjects instead. "How's your daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Blake Darling

Blake Darling

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:04 am

Blake smiled as she sat there. It was refreshing to not deal with any dramatics, because, in reality, as much as drama was fun, it did get old, and it followed her incesintly lately, it was kind of wrong. But she wasn't going to say anything. She hardly cared about her own drama let alone if Evan would care himself, so it worked. A day without drama. Win. "If it works out in your favour you mean," she winked, picking up a snowball, forming it and tossin it at a nearby tree to see it expolde.

His plan, made up on the spot as it was, seemed like a good idea, though needed great modifications to get great results. "Oh I am sure, though I can't say there will be too many sexy blokes like you walking by just randomly to pick up a hobo, but it's worth a shot," she snickered and gave a shrug to her petite shoulders.

Blake waved her hand at his comment and smiled. "Oh? Well thats good to hear. Don't want to end up expolding and all that," she joked with amusement and put on a thoughtful look as he said he was doing good himself. "Good to hear, you know, beside your scare," she stated with sympathy, hoping all went well between them when it was discussed. "Chantelle is doing well. Strong girl, like her mum, but she might give me a run for my money when she gets older."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day Well Spent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Well Spent   Day Well Spent Empty

Back to top Go down

Day Well Spent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Personal life-
Jump to: