What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Share | 

The Librarians Assistent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:56 am

I ran my fingers through my redish blonde hair and sighed, I'd just arrived at Hogwarts this morning and was slightly dreading the inevitable.
Though I should have been happy. I had a job, not that i needed one but hey, and The headmisstress had been very understanding, allowwing me to floo over to the partment my brother and I shared and allowing me the floo to the nursery every night.
Through all the turmoil my life had turned out to be, i found myself missing exactly two people.
Alex and Alli.
I quickly went to the back of the library, hiding behind old, unvisited shelves as tears threatened to spill over. How much everything had changed...
From shy, passable and friendly I had grown to be confident, beautiful and cold. Alone.
Well. Not alone...
Clarissa... I whispered softly looking at the picture in my bag. A little girl, one year old, with black curls and blue eyes laying in a cradle, unable to move, scarily frail...
My familys biggest secret.
I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the wall, trying to collect myself again.
Before I could put up my usual ice queen facadé I saw the person I had missed more than anything.
"Alli..."
outfit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 am

Alliana found herself taking a trip to the library, having to search for some books for her classes. She hadn't talked to Alex yet so she was unaware of who had returned, although perhaps it was better that way. She tried not to think too much of Buddy and Ariadne Holiday, although deep down she knew she missed the two more then anything. Before all of the drama, their relationships had been great.. but now, not so much. She missed the other set of twins but knew there was nothing she could do about it. Not without upsetting Alex. By now, they had all grown up and changed so much..

Striding into the quiet atmosphere of the library, she stopped by one of the empty tables to put her bag down before turning toward the bookshelves, about to begin her search. Instead though, she found herself wandering through the rows aimlessly until she was more or less in the back of the library where no one ever actually went. Not unless they wanted to do... things. She chuckled at her thoughts and was just about to head back toward the front of the library when she heard the whisper. Her name?

At first she assumed that she had just been hearing things, and she bit on her lower lip in confusion. Tucking a few strands of dark hair behind her ear she was about to shrug it off when she felt it. The hair-raising, eery feeling that she was being watched. Her eyebrows pulled together and she crossed her arms, slowly stepping around one of the bookcases.. and her breath was nearly knocked out of her lungs at who she saw.

At first her blue eyes widened before her lips parted in shock, unable to register the sight in front of her at first. She didn't say anything for the longest time, her face a mixture of different emotions. Finally, it seemed as if she'd found her voice. "A-A.. Addy?" She wasn't sure of what she was seeing. But it was still the same face looking back at her. Just more grown, more mature. All her pent-up feelings of missing the girl were scrambling up again and she exhaled. "Addy." She said once more, a bit more sure of herself. But before she could ask any questions, the girl's expression stopped her. "What's the matter?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 am

"Alli!" I felt a few tears from all the emotions I was enduring fall from my grey eyes as I slowly approached the girl, "First Alex and now you.." I mused softly before my features contorted in pain at her question,
"N-nothing, I'm just- I missed you so much.. God you've grown.." I placed a hand over my mouth as my steel eyes locked onto those familiar blues.
"ehm, we're back. Buddy and I. I'm the new Librarians assistant." I explained, still slightly shocked and still kind of overwhelmed.
"I met Al-Alex a few weeks ago.. He didn't tell you?" I asked feeling worry spread across my features.
I couldn't put up a facade in front of Alli, never could. She was the closest thing to a sister I'd ever had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 am

Alliana felt herself smiling in spite of her shock when Addy repeated her name, and she gave a small nod. She stood her ground as the pretty blonde approached her, although she frowned slightly in confusion when Addy said she'd seen Alex first. Wait.. what? Her eyebrows pulled together at the realization that Alex had told her that he'd seen Addy. Why on earth would he do that? He knew how much she missed the girl! But now was not the time to get angry, maybe later when she saw her twin. Right now, she wanted to focus on the girl in front of her, noticing the pain in her expression. The frown remained as Addy claimed that nothing was wrong, but Alli's features softened when she heard that she'd been missed.

"Are you sure?" She questioned first before continuing. "And I've missed you so much too, Addy. Really." She stated sincerely, her eyes staying locked on the grey ones looking back at her. She gave a half-smile at Addy's last comment. "Yup. That usually does happen, you know." She teased lightly. "I could say the same about you." She added. The girl had always been pretty but she had grown into her looks even better then before.

Hearing that Buddy was back Alliana wasn't sure what to feel. At first, her stomach churned and her heart felt like it was about to stop beating, but she tried to mask her emotions. She was aware that Addy knew her well, but maybe their time apart had altered the girl's ability into reading her emotions. "Oh, really? Well that's cool." She finally found her voice again, smiling slightly. So she'd be able to see Addy more? That wasn't bad, but she wasn't sure how to handle the Buddy news. Hearing Addy once more state that she'd seen Alex, again Alli frowned and shook her head. "No.. he didn't." She said flatly, sighing. She still couldn't understand why he'd do something like that, knowing how close she'd been to Addy.

She shook her head slightly before taking a step closer to the blonde and opening up her arms for a hug. How much she'd missed her was overwhelming, really. "You don't know how good it is to see you, Addy.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:12 am

I didn't know what to make of Alex not telling her something. We had been joined at the hip, all four of us. So weird.
I was pretty sure she felt about Buddy being back as I had when I'd seen Alex, except she wasn't spitting coffee on anyone.

Then the brunnette opened her arms and I pulled her close, hugging her tightly,
"you have no idea girlie, no idea.." I smiled feeling better, after all, she couldve hated me.
Aghhhh this was too much.
"Merlins beard this is so..aghhh!" I hugged her tightly.
"Youre so beautiful! Not that you weren't before but back then you were fifteen...I can't believe how much I've missed..." I was on emotion overdrive, then again, The doctor said there would be side effects like that- no, mo thinking about that now..
Alli..alli was here..hugging me..surreal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Alliana once again tried not to think of what it might mean as to why Alex hadn't told her about Addy's return. Buddy, she supposed she could understand but Addy, it was nearly unforgivable! She understood that their relationship wasn't the greatest right now, but that still didn't give him the right to keep this from her. At all. She could tell by the look on Addy's face that she couldn't quite believe it, either. That's just how unlike Alex it actually was.

Then she was being pulled close and Alli immediately wrapped her arms around Addy, hugging her back just as tightly. It felt so good to be able to see her and talk to her again after the amount of time that had passed and all that they'd been through. Alli knew that she could have hated Addy for her involvement with Alex, but Addy could have hated her for her involvement with Buddy. Either way, she was glad that there was no hard feelings between them, even if that might not be the case for the boys.

She smiled back, still holding on tight to Addy. Chuckling in agreement, she had to say that this was all slightly overwhelming. This day had gone from boring to interesting in no time, that was for damn sure. "I know, it's all surreal." She murmured, blushing lightly at Addy's comment. "I know what you mean. Thank you, though. You're gorgeous too." She complimented sincerely. She hugged the girl for a few more minutes before pulling back. "Wanna go sit down in the front with me? I left my stuff over there." She mused, glancing back in the direction she'd come in. After all, they had a lot to catch up on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:23 pm

"Thanks, I guess it comes with getting older" I said at her compliment before nodding and walking with her to the tables.
"And thank you for not being mad about..the thing.. Why are our brothers so overprotective?" I asked remembering that horrible night. It had started out so magical..only to end in utter disaster.
This was almost too much for one week. First seeing Alex again and tearing at old wounds, and now seeing my best friend and not knowing what to do. I didn't know where to begin, what would happen, where this would take me... I had to think of something though, or I'd start rambling.
"So..what's happened in three years?" I asked resisting the urge to poke Alliana to see if she was real,
that would be too weird. Really.
I'd just missed her so much, my locked heart was overwhelmed, we'd been like sisters...being torn away from Alex had hurt, but being torn from Alli had just been torture. What with all that had happened..
I smoothed my skirt as I sat down. My head was about to explode...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:32 am

Alliana chuckled at Addy's comment before gently shaking her head. "No, you were always beautiful, Addy." She said this as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. She followed along by Addy's side until they got to the table with Alli's bag on it, and she pulled out a seat before sinking down into it. She placed one of her elbows on the top of the table, resting her chin in the open palm, her blue eyes sliding back to Addy's face as she spoke. She frowned for a moment, but she could understand what the girl meant. She'd been fearful of the same thing, after all. "You don't gotta thank me.." She began, doing her best not to let the details of the night sabotage her brain. After that night, she never had let herself think of what she'd might actually been feeling for Buddy. Mostly because he'd never even tried to come after her.. and that had hurt the most. Blinking a couple of times she exhaled, forcing herself to not think of things like that. It was three years ago! They'd all grown up, they'd all changed, they'd all moved on with their lives while the situation had stayed unresolved.. until now?

"I don't know why. We always told them we were plenty capable of handling ourselves." She smiled faintly. Part of her wondered how the situation had left Buddy feeling. She certainly wondered how it had left Addy feeling. The girl had been her best friend and when they'd needed one another the most, they'd been forced apart. Now that they'd been unexpectedly thrown together again, what was going to happen? Like when Alex and Addy met up again, or even Alex and Buddy? What about when herself and Buddy met up? She wasn't even sure she would be able to handle that. It was sad, but it was also the truth. He doesn't matter, Alliana. You have a boyfriend. Her conscience reminded her, and she knew it was right.

When she asked what had happened over the last three years, Alli managed a slight chuckle. She'd be vague, only because so much had happened she wasn't even sure she'd be able to talk about it all. "Well.. after you guys.. left.. we just weren't the same. Alex and I.. we were close for a while, but after our sixth year started.. well, we drifted apart a lot." She looked down at the table, her expression sad. "I did get a boyfriend, though." She smiled slightly at the reminder. "We've been together for nearly a year and a half." The smile remained as she mentioned this. "I made a lot of new friends just trying to forget about things too, but I never wanted to forget about you, Addy." Buddy maybe.. "I love you, you know that right? And I'm sorry I never tried to reach out to you after everything.. but.. I did it for.. Alex.." Still, it wasn't acceptable what she'd done. "I'm sorry." Another pause, an exhale. "But.. how about you? What's happened with you in the last three years?" There was so much more she could say, but maybe another time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:55 am

"Yeah we have. If it helps, I boxed Buddys ears afterwards for fighting Alex. " I chuckled slightly,
"Drifted? Wow...I remember thinking it was weird that you two werent together when I saw..ehm.. your brother." I bit my lip briefly before getting a grip and smiling,
"A boyfriend? Congrats, I gotta meet him sometime, lucky guy" I teared up a little at her words,
"I never forget you two either, lifes been rather..dull..." I knew that was far from the truth but I couldnt tell anyone..not yet...
"No boyfriend though...I quite like being single though, its nice. Quiet. No worries." I ran my fingers through my hair "I love you too Alli" I rached over to squeeze the younger grls hand "I missed you so much, i wouldve written but..you know..Buddy.." I trailed off.
"After Alex told Buddy you didnt want to see him I figured you might not want to see me either and then life kinda got busy and then it was too late." I saw a strange emotion flash across Allis pretty features.
"Alli? Whats wrong?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:10 am

Alliana smiled ever so slightly when she heard what Addy had done to Buddy after everything that had happened. She could picture the scene in her head perfectly, too. The blonde had always had a feisty side to her. "Let's just say Alex had a few miserable days, too." She recalled, folding her hands together on top of the table. She'd ignored him for days, and when she wasn't ignoring him she was busy making sure she made his everyday life difficult. She'd hated seeing the boys going at it, but it was nice to hear she hadn't been the only one to react on it.

She crossed her legs beneath the table as Addy spoke, and Alli gave a small, sad smile. "Yeah, we pretty much do our own things these days." She admitted, but she didn't go into further detail. She wondered if the Holiday twins were still as close as they had been back then, but she didn't ask. In a way, she almost felt like it wasn't any of her business. Alli had also noticed the slight reaction when Addy had mentioned Alex, but she kept quiet about it. Neither of the girls had ever really spoken to each other about their feelings for the others brother, it was all just assumed. It seemed that might be the way it was going to stay, too.

Alli smiled lightly when Addy congratulated her. "Thanks, and yeah you should. He's great." She agreed, not realizing until now how much she'd missed having Addy to confide to. She noticed her tearing up and felt a bit emotional herself as Addy spoke, and she gratefully squeezed her hand back in response. Dull? She chuckled when Addy said she was single. "I understand. Sometime's its better that way." Was all she said. "Any man would be lucky to have you though. You know that..". She added, not bothering to think about how idiotic Alex was at this point. She did like his girlfriend now though, so.. just obviously not as much as Addy. "I know, Addy.. its okay.." She said softly. She understood the girls reason completely.

She was caught off guard by Addy's next set of words though. So much, that she could only just stare at her uncertainly. After Alex told Buddy you didn't want to see him... Wait.. what? Addy must have had something wrong.. she'd never told Alex she didn't want to see Buddy? When Addy asked her what was wrong, she looked down toward the table and exhaled slowly. This had to be a misunderstanding... "I.. I never told Alex that I didn't want to see Buddy.." She said slowly, her face resembling someone who had just seen something that they didn't want to. "He told me you and Buddy had left without even so much as a word.." She couldn't understand why Alex would do something like that to her! Why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:51 am

"aww thanks Alli" I had missed just having girl tlk..though any guy takng mw would have more than jst me to take..
Then she looked down and I felt my mouth fall open in shock..
"No..I mean..I didn't do anything because I thought you didn't want to see us, Alex never bothered to see me so I guessed- I guessed he didn't want to see me..and Buddy..he went to your house, but Alex said you didn't want to see him..." this was so unlike Alex,..
"why would he say that... " I murmured remembering how Buddy had come home and locked himself in his room. I knew he had been devastated...
"we left a week later, I remember- I remember crying my eyes out over..well you know..." I shook my head, "I'm sure he had a reason..he must have..."
well this just proved what I'd Bren afraid of..
Alex Stone harboured no feelings for me, and probably never had.
I couldn't help it, I burst into tears.

Oc/ think we should put this thread after alli-buddy thread timelinewise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 am

Alliana slowly glanced up again and saw the shock written across Addy's face, and she had to wonder why it was there. Why would she seemed surprised about what she actually did? She crossed her arms over her chest and regarded the blonde, listening to her explanation. Did this mean that Alex had lied to her about the Holiday twins? All this time, had emotions been raging because of false information? She tried to understand what was being said. Alex really hadn't reached out to Addy, although Alli would never understand why. She could see in her brother's face that he'd cared, but maybe that was what had scared him into pushing Addy away... yet the moment Addy informed her that Buddy had come over to see her, her expression fell. First, she was upset, and then angry, and then just... emotional. "Buddy came to see me? No..." She was whispering, and a couple of tears began rolling down her cheeks. Stubbornly she wiped them away.

"I'd wanted to see Buddy more then anything.." She was whispering to herself, but was aware that Addy might be able to hear her. She couldn't fathom the fact that he'd actually come. When all this time she just assumed he'd been a jerk, using her for what he wanted.. he'd actually cared enough to come see her. And Alex had lied to her. That was the biggest cut of them all. She was so upset and she just didn't know how to deal with it.. Addy's words distracted her some. She'd actually cried over Alex.. she must have really cared about him.. and then all of a sudden she was crying. Alli wiped at a few more of her tears, surprised at the sudden outburst.

"Addy!" She exclaimed softly, standing immediately and walking around the table to the sobbing girl. At first Addy looked apprehensive but when Alli wrapped her arms around her, she could feel Addy relaxing into the embrace. "Addy, what's the matter?" She was desperate to figure it out. So much emotion was coursing through the air right now. Alex must have had a reason, Addy assumed.. but did he? For putting the three people he supposedly cared about through so much pain?

ooc: Yeah, that would make the most sense!

Last edited by Alliana Stone on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 am

I felt the girl wrap her arms around me and I relaxed soon into her embrace,
"To tttthink- I- I- almost...ohGod..." I was incoherent and I needed to get a grip..but I couldn't. It had been three years..but it hurt..
I'd just been a game..a fling..a f-f-fug...
Oh Merlin...
"if A-Alex..felt..anything..fffor me..he wouldn't have dddone ttthis..." words spilled fromy lips as my shoulders shook.
One thing was for sure..
I couldn't face him, or Buddy..anyone now but Alli..
After a few minutes I managed to calm down slightly. I never wanted to be used, this was why I was alone! So I could NOT be hurt!
But Alex Stone didn't care about rules. Single or not he was hurting me now, my walls had no meaning to him..
I shook my head, I had to fix this, "Buddy told me he saw you..didn't he tell you?" I was confused, buddy wouldve saved his ass unless..unless..ohGod..
"Or he didn't..because..because he didn't want to ruin things between you and Alex...which I've nullified now..I'm so sorry.." a bout of guilt washed through ne, draining me of color.
Oh no..what had I done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Alliana kept her arms firmly around Addy as she cried, straining and doing her best to make out what her friend was crying about in the first place. It didn't take long for the brunette to figure out that it was actually about though.. no one other then her pain in the ass twin. She'd always known that Addy had some sort of feeling for her brother, but she really hadn't ever realized just how much. "Shh... calm down Addy.." She attempted to sooth the older girl, and broke the embrace for only a moment to drag her chair closer to the blonde. Taking a seat she once more pulled the girl into her arms.

She frowned when Addy said that if Alex had felt anything at all for her, then he wouldn't have done what he'd did. While that could be true.. it could have also meant the opposite. Alli couldn't be sure because Alex hadn't exactly been expressive with his thoughts, but from what she could see.. Alex had cared about Addy, and because that wasn't what he was used to at fifteen, he'd just pushed the older girl away. He probably hadn't had any idea just how much of an impact it had had on her.. clearly. Alex had done so much damage and Alli still couldn't figure out if it was intentional or not. But why would Alex hurt everyone just for his own good? She didn't think her twin was that selfish...

"Addy.. I think Alex did care about you..." She began uncertainly. But she stopped herself right then and there. Was it even her place to discuss her brother's emotions with the girl? Maybe, maybe not. She just wanted to try and take some of the pain away, that was all. "Yeah, Buddy did see me.." She added, fighting off a blush at the memory of her break-down. It had been horrible, something she'd never wanted Buddy to see. But his words.. even now, she had to fight with herself to keep herself calm. "No.. he didn't tell me.." She exhaled. All he'd told her was seeing her 'hadn't been possible.' And all this time it had been Alex's fault..

Alli sighed at Addy's apology, but merely shrugged. "Oh, Addy, it's alright... I would have found out eventually.." She tried to keep the atmosphere light. She'd seen the draining of color from the girl's face. But would she have ever found out? It was obvious that Buddy hadn't intended on telling her, although she wasn't sure why. And of course she was hurt that her twin had kept so much from her, but maybe he'd had good reason. She needed to talk with him first, but.. she didn't want Addy to blame herself for the inevitable. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:51 am

I heard her every word but it didnt stop the old wounds from tearing up.
Id done so well, given my circumstances, I had done so well...I had pushed all the pain aside and put on a brave face. I'd sacrificed so much to be okay. To SEEM okay.
And now Alex was going to ruin the walls I built so carefully.
But I couldnt just sit here and cry, that wasnt me. I was fierce, I was powerful and I wasnt going to waste one more tear on Alex Stone.
From now on again, there was only MY life Without Alexander Stone.
I had so much going on..I needed to get myself straight.
Now.
I straightened and stopped crying, putting my walls up nicely.
"You know what. whatever. Its been a long time. im so glad to have you back, but I dont need Alex, Im through with it. I have enough crap on my plate, Buddy, Clarissa-" I caught myself, "I have enough." I noddedhugging the girl again.
"You know Im here for you?" I said softly now.
"Im still sorry hon, " I bit my lip before rubbing her shoulders soothingly.
"This is a mess, isnt it? " my soft voice sounded tired.
It really was...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

Alliana continued to sit there and comfort Addy for as long as it was needed, but then all of a sudden the blonde was sobering up and her water-works came to a screeching halt, almost instantly. It was strange and Alliana frowned in confusion, but slowly she sat back as her arms dropped away from the other girl. As long as she wasn't crying anymore, but the way it had so abruptly stopped certainly was strange..

She nibbled on her lower lip thoughtfully as she listened to Addy's speaking, nodding in agreement. It had been along time, but she could still see why it hurt, because she was experiencing the same things. Not that she wanted to or anything, but for some reason she was.. and even with how long ago it had been, it still didn't made the scars disappear. If anything, they almost felt like they were fresh again.

She nodded again, at least happy that Addy wasn't shutting her out of her life. Alex, well.. he would be crushed, Alliana knew this but she also knew that maybe, just maybe he deserved it. Seeing as he'd been keeping this from her, it was also certain that there could be other things she just didn't know about that would make him deserve it. She didn't want to think that way but with the new information she had at hand she couldn't help but do exactly that.. even if it made her feel terrible. She'd never had to doubt her twin before.

But what had Alliana snapping back into reality was the unfamiliar name she heard. Clarissa. She couldn't remember anyone in the Holiday having that name before the family had disappeared.. was it even her place to ask? Probably not, but still... "Who.. who's Clarissa, Addy?" She noticed the strange look that appeared in Addy's eyes before she was being hugged and she hugged the girl back, but her question still stayed in the open air. Waiting to be answered. "Yeah.. I know you are.. thank you." She murmured quietly in response. "And you know I'm here for you." She added, although she was sure that almost went without saying. After all, Addy had been like her sister.

She shrugged off the apology, because she didn't want Addy to apologize anymore. It wasn't her fault... "Yeah. It most certainly is.." She sighed. She just wished it could all manage to be cleaned up somehow.. fat chance of that happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Librarians Assistent   

Back to top Go down

The Librarians Assistent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NextGen :: Third Floor :: Library-
Jump to: