NextGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

History of Magic Syllabus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarith Kendrick

Sarith Kendrick

History of Magic Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: History of Magic Syllabus   History of Magic Syllabus EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:06 am

Lesson/Points for Grades

This term will consist of three classes in total where students can earn up to thirty points. Ten points per lesson where five is for attendance and the other five is for participation. Twenty will come from homework, ten per assignment. The remaining fifty points will come from a project but you get to pick the subject. However, this does not mean that you can only earn a maximum of 100 points. Additional points will be awarded for thoughtful posts dealing with the topic at hand.

Workload

Be warned, this class will be on discussion and homework will require research as well as critical thinking. Students will have to do the minimum of attending class and doing homework. Extra credit work will also be handed out for those who feel that they are up to the task.

All homework assignments are to be sent by OWL.

Projects will all be sent to me via owl, no questions. Also, keep in mind that getting caught cheating gets you a T and makes your House lose points. Academic dishonesty isn't tolerated whatsoever.

Passing/Grades:

(O) Outstanding = 90 – 100 points.
(E) Exceeds Expectations = 75 - 89 points.
(A) Acceptable = 60 -74 points.
(P) Poor = 45-59 points.
(D) Dreadful = 30-44 points.
(T) Troll = 0-29 points.
(W) Withdrawn = When dropping the class after the middle of term.
**You need at least an A (60) to pass this class.

Rules:

All school rules apply.
All homework must be handed in on time. Late submission is subjected to half a point deducted per day. After four days, it will not be accepted.
All further instructions should be followed.
Do not post to repeat a point already made by someone else
Do not bother chatting idly with your classmates, social pleasantries can be done outside of class. But you may pass notes as long as I don't see them.
Only speak if you have something to add to the discussion going on. If everything you wanted to say has already been mentioned, take notes.
If you wish to drop the class, OWL me.
The school requires me to keep my office doors open at all times to students with questions and concerns.
Back to top Go down

History of Magic Syllabus
Page 1 of 1