What side will you join? The choice is yours.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please be patient as we try to recreate hpnextgen to the best standard that we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Gwen DeArbour, Evelyn DeArbour or Thomas Riddle

Share | 

All I Feel Is Numb

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zane Walker

Zane Walker

PostSubject: All I Feel Is Numb   Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am

Zane decided that the best way to celebrate moving here would probably be to go and get a drink. He was of legal age after all (finally) and he had nothing else better to do, seeing as he didn't know a single soul here. Taking a quick shower and pulling on some clothes, he slicked back his damp hair and allowed it to fall which ever way it pleased before pulling on a coat and braving the chilled outdoors. Maybe he should have moved during Summer or something.

Trudging down the icy side-walk, he took care to avoid any patches of black ice that might send him falling on his rear or cause his face to be re-arranged. None of which he was very keen on dealing with, and so he took extra care in the places he walked. The wind blew mercilessly and he gritted his teeth in annoyance, not exactly enjoying the feeling of chilled bones. One season he could always do without was Winter.

Soon making it to Diagon Alley he took a glance around. Leaky Cauldron.. seemed promising, and so he headed in it's direction. Pushing the door open he was glad to feel the warmth from inside, and with a careless glance around he moved straight to the bar. "Excuse me." He muttered to the person next to the empty seat he'd chosen, slipping around the person in order to sit down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisilee Carter

PostSubject: Re: All I Feel Is Numb   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am

Sisilee looked into her drink as it sat before her on the bar. For the most part, her week had been okay but she was currently our of home until the school year started back up. So her best option was obviously to book a room at the Leaky that would be her temporary home for the remainder of the holidays. She was frustrated that she'd been stupid enough to trust her on again off again friend with her housing arrangements. She should never have sold her apartment when she became the woman's housemate. Because due to a pathetic argument with her, she'd been forced to leave.

Taking a mouthful of the warm liquid, she licked her lip and swallowed slowly so as to feel the burning sensation in her throat for longer. She had no intention of getting drunk, so was a responsible adult after all. But a few drinks were known to calm her nerves and temper. Sisilee smiled and nodded at the barkeeper as they walked past her and scratched at a chipping spot on the counter. She went to take another anticipated drink when someone moved around her and slipped into the seat beside her. She didn't even look up as she raised her glass slightly in both greeting and acknowledgement.

Last edited by Sisilee Carter on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zane Walker

Zane Walker

PostSubject: Re: All I Feel Is Numb   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:28 am

Zane managed a glance to his right, where the person he had moved around was seated. He noticed that a woman was there and while she didn't verbally say anything, she was raising her glass to him without even so much as looking up. He paused, considering if maybe he should say something. But with the slightly closed off greeting, he figured the woman probably just wanted to be left alone.. either that, or she just wasn't a social butterfly, or was a raging alcoholic who spent her nights drinking at this place. Never one to be all that judgmental he simply dismissed his thoughts as nothing and waved the bartender over.

After a couple more moments of debate, by the time the bartender appeared in his line of vision, Zane had decided on a firewhiskey. Not too strong, but strong enough for a first drink of the night. Sliding the gallons across the counter, he decided to be spontaneous and turned toward the woman beside him again. "Rough day?" He suggested, not knowing if he would regret disturbing her from her train of thought.. or whatever it was.

Feeling generous he also decided to offer, "Want another?" He jerked his chin in the direction of her drink. She didn't seem drunk, but he also wouldn't want to encourage it either. Oh, who the hell cares. He was being nice and offering to buy the stranger a drink, no harm there. The worst she could do was tell him off, refuse, or both. As his own drink appeared in front of him, he let his blues look back to her questioningly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisilee Carter

PostSubject: Re: All I Feel Is Numb   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Sisilee was a little surprised that the person who joined her at the table hadn't said anything to her. Usually there was either an onslaught of questions or a ramble about their own problems. She finished her first drink of the night, but did not ask for another yet. She just returned her gaze to the bottom of the empty glass and licked her lip. She kinda of wanted to head up to her room and sleep for a while. Maybe even for the rest of the break. The woman hardly moved her head as the bartender approached her section of the bar. She was trying to decide whether she actually wanted to stay around the people in the bar or would rather the solitude of her room.

Her decision was more or less made for her when the new comer spoke to her. Sisilee considered his question and wasn't sure how to answer. For her it was a rough day, but she knew that people often had worse days than her. Maybe it was just not a good day. Must I over analyse everything? she thought before looking to the male at her side, "Yeah, kinda. You?" It wasn't that she didn't like talking, not at all. Before her 'best friend' stabbed her in the back, they two would go out and talk to everyone. She didn't want to lay her problems onto the man who'd been polite enough to ask.

"Oh, ah, please," she said with a nod and smile in his direction. So she would stay out for another drink or two, maybe chat with the man. She smoothed her skirt and then held a hand out to him, "I'm Sisilee, I don't usually spend my days drinking." Pulling her coat tighter around herself as the door was opened to admit yet another person. Sisilee smiled softly at the breeze that followed, "I love winter."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I Feel Is Numb   

Back to top Go down

All I Feel Is Numb
Page 1 of 1